March 13, 2017
The 7-Day Simply Clean Kick Start Challenge – Day 2 (Bathrooms)
If you’ve wanted to start a cleaning routine but haven’t known how or where to start, The 7-Day SIMPLY CLEAN Kick Start Challenge is for you. If you need a little encouragement and help sticking with a cleaning routine, you’ll love this challenge as well.
JOIN THE 7-DAY SIMPLY CLEAN KICK START CHALLENGE – March 12-18!
This challenge is straight from my new book Simply Clean (it comes out March 21st!) – if you pre-order the book you get this challenge (it’s chapter 3) as an instant download with a bunch of other amazing pre-order bonuses and coupons too.
If you haven’t pre-ordered the book go here to pre-order then go and grab your bonuses (you’ll get them instantly) and come on back to this page. Not sure if you want to buy the book? No problem, you can complete the challenge without pre-ordering the book.
And don’t worry – I have a spring cleaning series coming up – do this challenge and you’ll be ready for spring cleaning!
If you want more details and tips about each day, Chapter 3 of Simply Clean (the one you get early with your pre-order) goes much more in depth. Just sayin’ 🙂
The following is an excerpt from Chapter 3 in Simply Clean:
(MONDAY) DAY 2: BATHROOMS
If you have one bathroom or five, you’re going to spend time today cleaning each and every one of them. Master this method—it’s going to be your new favorite bathroom cleaning routine. It might take you a couple times to get into the groove, but you’ll find that not only is this method efficient, it also will help you clean your bathrooms thoroughly. And a clean bathroom is a wonderful thing!
How to Clean All Your Bathrooms in Just 10–15 Minutes
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need cleaning cloths (microfiber ones work great), disinfecting/bathroom cleaner, glass and window cleaner, scrubbing powder or abrasive cleaner, a scrub brush, toilet cleaner and brush, an empty container for dirty cloths or paper towels, and a caddy to carry supplies from one bathroom to the next.
- Start with your mirrors. Spray a little window cleaner on your cloth or mirror and wipe clean. Wipe from the top left-hand corner to the top right-hand corner and “Z” your way down to the bottom right-hand corner of the mirror. This method will help you clean your mirrors quickly and it will also ensure that you aren’t leaving any streaks or spots.
- Next, move on to your sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower and liberally spray with your favorite disinfecting cleaner. But don’t wipe yet! It’s important to give your cleaners a couple minutes to work. If the cleaner has dried when you come back, just give it a quick spritz and wipe clean. Next time spray a little more liberally so it stays wet until you come back to clean it.
- Scrub the toilet. I prefer to use disposable or flushable toilet wipes because toilet brushes gross me out, but that’s just me. Use your favorite toilet scrubber and quickly get the job done.Repeat this process in the next bathrooms.
- Clean the mirror, spray cleaner all over the sink, toilet (tank to floor), and tub or shower, and scrub the toilet.
- Go back to the first bathroom and wipe the surfaces clean—use a separate cleaning cloth for each toilet, sink, and tub or shower to avoid cross-contamination.
- Go to the next bathroom and repeat wiping everything down until you’ve cleaned each bathroom.
Phew! The first time you use this method will most likely take longer than 10–15 minutes, but if you keep up with the routine for a couple weeks you’ll be buzzing through your bathrooms in no time.
Here’s how the challenge is going to work – every day for 7 days (March 12-18) you’ll have an assigned task to complete – you’ll see that the tasks semi-mirror my cleaning routine. Once you’ve completed the 7 tasks, you’ll be ready to continue with the Simply Clean Method as you move forward. I’ll be sharing the daily tasks on social media and back on this blog post. Want to join in and get a jumpstart on your cleaning routine and bring a little order to your home? Pre-order Simply Clean and follow along!
Coming in a little late? No worries! Start when and where you can and follow along! Check out the links below for where you can find the daily prompts and follow what works for you: