September 17, 2014
8 Ideas for Organizing the Pantry
This week’s organizing task is the pantry, so I thought a simple round-up with some great organizing ideas would be in order. Hopefully this round-up inspires you to work with the space you have to make it hardworking for your family and your needs. Everyone loves a show-stopping pantry, but a pantry that is simply organized and useful is better in the long run in my book. Have a pantry storage idea? Share in the comments!
- Use galvanized containers from the craft store for easy (and cute!) storage. Via Lil Blue Boo
- Under the stairs pantry organization can be tricky, but this one is perfect! Via The Inspired Room
- Attach casters to the bottom of a simple wooden crate for instant storage. Perfect for all those reusable shopping bags or paper goods. Via I Heart Organizing
- Use these hanging clips to not only keep your bags closed but store them efficiently as well. Via Rubbermaid
- Use risers on your pantry shelves so you can see just what you have. Via Shanty 2 Chic
- Leave it to IKEA to have some awesome inexpensive storage options! Keep your dry goods and spices uniform and labeled with this system. Via Going Home to Roost
- Loving these clear containers and labels for a clean and organized pantry. Via Not Just a Housewife
- Organize your pantry in zones to keep things tidy, organized and in its place. Via Clean Mama
If you like these pantry ideas, you’ll love my organize :: pantry pinboard!
Great tips. Thanks.
I put a lazy susan in the hard to reach corner of the shelf to put items like canned goods on. That way the items are contained to that space and I can just spin it to get to the stuff in the back.
I buy all of my dry goods from the bulk bins (oats, lentils, beans, rice, etc.) and store them in glass canning jars. Less packaging clutter, and better for the environment!
I use containers a lot but I do not label them! It makes more room to store more things in the pantry, easy to access so no loose packets (which creates mess and looks messy!) like half of the pasta left etc! lol.