August 8, 2014
A Simplified Week : Back to School Organization
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab August’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
Back to School Organization:
- Put together a homework caddy to keep all your school supplies within reach. This is so much better than digging in every drawer and cupboard for the elusive, missing supplies! Via Clean Mama
- Start your year out on the right foot with these 10 back-to-school organizing tips from Handmade Home. I especially love tips 4 and 6!
- Packing lunches and snacks can be seriously stressful, especially as it always seem to be last minute. Put kids in control with picking out healthy options with this handy table from Thirty Handmade Days. I love the variety and healthy choices.
Something to Eat:
- Make some seriously easy, simple and crowd pleasing favorites with these Back To School Dinners from Picky Palate. Created to cut down on your time in the kitchen while providing a filling and nutritious meal, these are a win-win!
Something to Make:
- Whip up some outdoor pillows for your deck or patio with this simple tutorial from A Beautiful Mess. Inexpensive, easy and color coordinated!
Something for the Kids:
- What’s not to love about sidewalk chalk? This post about designing a play date around sidewalk chalk activities is so fun, plus it keeps the mess outside! Includes recipes and activities to keep little artists creating for hours. Via Learn Play Imagine
- I’ve always been a fan of make-ahead meals. I love having the option of pulling a homemade meal out of the freezer on those busy days with little time to spend in the kitchen. These tips for saving space in your freezer makes the most of your limited freezer space. Via Andrea Dekker