April 26, 2014
A Simplified Week : Books
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab May’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar?
Around the Web:
I’m over at 30 Days talking about 5 Ways to Stay Organized with a Family – check it out!
- Need to quickly go through and purge your book collection as quickly as possible? Follow these simple steps for quick results. Via Clean Mama
- If you are bit of a book hoarder and need to organize your shelves a bit, that this post is for you. I like the categorizing and layering of books that are displayed. Via The Glamorous Housewife
- I am a big fan of baskets for organizing and containing. I love how baskets are used for organizing books and magazines in this post. How cute are those number tags? Via Stone Gable Blog
Something to Eat:
- We make (and eat!) a lot of quick bread and muffins in our house. We usually double the batch and put one in the freezer to make for an easy breakfast or lunch. This recipe for Lemon Almond bread looks perfectly yummy for spring. Via Two Peas and Their Pod
Something to Make:
- Add some color to your space by painting your chairs or furniture. I love the use of spray paint to save some serious time with this great tutorial from In My Own Style
Something for the Kids:
- What a fun idea! Whip up a batch of squishy, soft play-dough and add some essential oil for extra relaxation and sensory integration. Via The How to Mom
- This one is for those times when you feel like clutter is taking over but you have minimal time to do anything about it. Simple but effective ways to bust some serious clutter from Making Lemonade