March 15, 2014
A Simplified Week : Mail
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week.
I’m also over at Clutter Interrupted with a podcast and a blog post all about creating a simple cleaning routine – go here to see the post and hear the interview!
- Need some practical and effective tips to keep the mail and paper clutter to a minimum on your countertops? This ought to help! Via Clean Mama
- This great round-up from Better Homes and Gardens has oodles of ideas for mail storage – I especially like the bucket idea for daily mail storage and sorting.
Something to Eat:
- Cookies and Cream Puppy Chow! This variation is fantastic with the addition of white chocolate and milk chocolate tossed with Oreos or Joe-Joe’s to switch it up. Addictive and yummy! Via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Something to Make:
- I love the cheery pre-planted Spring bulbs that are popping up at Trader Joes’s and the grocery store. This centerpiece is absolutely adorable with a couple of additions to the bulbs. It doesn’t get much Spring-ier than this. Via Sand and Sisal
Something for the Kids:
- We have a couple little trips planned in the coming months and several Lego fanatics who I know would love this little number. It’s a travel Lego case using an IKEA storage bin that would fit perfectly into a backpack or purse, all for under $10. Via Pleasantest Thing
- We are big fans of oatmeal around here. I love this simple little time-saver for scooping up oats in the morning. Via Jen Thousand Words
Great post! Sorting mail immediately is the only way to do it for me! Can I add two ideas – 1) snap a pic of return addresses and still toss the envelope – less mess! And download the free app PaperKarma – take a quick shot of junk mail and they unsubscribe you – no strings attached. It’s great for clutter and good for the environment – love it!
Thanks for the Lego case shout out. 🙂 It really is awesome!