July 19, 2014
A Simplified Week : Outside Toys
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab July’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Now is that time in the summer where all the outside toys could use a little cleaning and organizing after being used. Round up the kiddos and put some order back in to your outside toys. Via Clean Mama
- Considering how much LEGOs get used in a lot of homes, it is no surprise that they tend to accumulate all sorts of who-knows-what on them. I love this easy solution to get them clean in a jiffy from Gettin’ By.
- Get your little ones involved in the toy cleaning by setting up a little cleaning station for them, too. I’ve done this and been amazed by how long it holds their attention. Via Hands On As We Grow
Something to Eat:
- This seriously looks like so much fun and so yummy, too – A S’mores Bar Party. Check out the fun combinations that would be perfect for a casual summer get-together or special night with your family. Via What’s Gaby Cooking
Something to Make:
- Road trip in your future? Whip up a simple iPad or tablet holder to attach to the headrest to allow for easy viewing. Via Infarrantly Creative
Something for the Kids:
- It can be tricky to figure out just how to have your children help in the kitchen in a truly constructive way. I love these ideas from 30 Handmade Days that detail how to get your kids involved and what sorts of skills you can start to teach.
- Take advantage of all the yummy summer produce or a great sale and make your own bags of frozen fruit. Perfectly prepped and ready to toss in your smoothies for that creamy texture. Via Oh Basil