May 17, 2014
A Simplified Week : Shower
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab May’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar?
- It takes minimal time to quickly declutter and clean out your shower and bath. Try these easy tips out this weekend and see what a difference it can make! Via Clean Mama
- Rather than having heaps of bath toys at your feet when you shower, how about installing a rod system like this instead? I especially love how it instantly transforms in to more “adult” organization system for toiletry items and the like. Via blue i style
- These ideas from I Heart Organizing are perfect for those of us with small showers who are looking to condense and minimize all the bottles that seem to accumulate so quickly.
Something to Eat:
- I’m not joking when I say that this meal has instantly become one of our favorites. I especially love how quickly it comes together (in the crockpot!) and that it makes a good size amount perfect for freezing and pulling out on a busy day. Picadillo Quesadllas via Skinny Taste
Something to Make:
- We love to eat out on our patio as much as possible during the warmer months. The only downside is the bugs that seem to suddenly appear as soon as food is out. I love this simple little project for a bowl cover that would keep those little buggers out of our food from Cottage Mama. Great stash buster!
Something for the Kids:
- We love sidewalk chalk and go through oodles of it every summer. This liquid chalk alternative looks like so much fun! Via Growing A Jeweled Rose
- Laundry is right up there on the least favorite tasks for many people. Developing a routine and system certainly helps so you aren’t stuck with 20 loads to wash and fold over the weekend (I wash a load a day). I especially love the idea of having a “Wash Me First” basket in the laundry room. Via Modern Parents Messy Kids