March 21, 2014
A Simplified Week : Storage (1)
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week.
- This is week one of two working on organizing storage and storage spaces – you can see my post from Monday here – it’s all about how to sort through items you’ve been hanging on to.
- Starting from scratch or just need some fresh basement storage ideas? Check out these real-life spaces from Babble from some inspiration.
- Build your own custom shelving for your basement to perfectly fit all your totes and bins. Great tutorial with plenty of details no matter what your skill set. Via DIY Design Fanatic
- If you are feeling overwhelmed and like your basement is past hope, then this is the post for you. It takes a pretty typical, disorganized basement and transforms it in to a realistic and great space. Via Mom of 6 on I’m an Organizing Junkie
Something to Make:
- This might be just the perfect bag for taking to the pool, beach or gym this summer. Sewn from cotton laminate, it’s easy to wipe clean and a simple, free pattern to boot. Via Family Ever After Blog
Something to Eat:
- I love simple yet healthy and satisfying snacks and this one fits the bill. Use a rainbow of fresh fruit and yogurt and honey to put together these yummy skewers. Perfect for a get together or Easter. Via The Comfort of Cooking
Something for the Kids:
- Need some great wind-down or quiet time activities for your kids? I am loving this round-up of ideas to keep little hands and minds quietly occupied from Kids Activity Blog
- If you feel like you have no time to dedicate to cleaning your home from top to bottom, then speed cleaning might just be what you need. Via The Inspired Home