August 2, 2014
A Simplified Week : Toys
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab August’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Are your kid’s toys threatening to take over? Follow this one simple idea to get a handle on the chaos with Clean Mama.
- If you feel like you are up to your ears in toys, look no further than this post from White House Black Shutters for some serious intervention inspiration.
- As kids get older, it’s easy for sports gear to replace the toy chaos. This method from Amber’s Organizing looks ideal for keeping everything in its place.
Something to Eat:
Want to make a fancy cheese platter without the fuss? I am loving these recommendations from BuzzFeed on how to make a stellar cheese platter using grocery store variety cheese.
Something to Make:
- We have some spare single chairs that I would love to spruce up with a coat of colorful paint and use again. Perhaps spray painting is the way to go. This tutorial looks like the perfect nap time project. Via RefreshRestyle
Something for the Kids:
- There is something about an old-fashioned tire swing that brings back such sweet childhood memories. I’d love to add one to our yard following this great tutorial from Today’s Creative Blog.
- Oh, how quickly a car can go from clean to trashed with all the running around we do. Check out these awesome hacks on keeping your car clean and organized. Via Kid’s Activities Blog
Thanks for sharing my spray painting project!
Becky SaysPost author
You’re so welcome!