September 16, 2015
Clean Mama’s Home Reset – Day 3
Welcome back to Clean Mama’s Home Reset – day 3! How did you do on day 2? Ready for day 3? Are you ready to take back your home and feel great about it? This mini-challenge is designed for you (and me) to concentrate on those clutter collecting areas and spaces that tend to get neglected or put off. We’re completing the Home Reset tasks while continuing on with the Clean Mama Cleaning Routine – this will ensure forward progress and we’ll get ahead at the same time. Did you print off your FREE printable guide? If you didn’t, go here first.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Weekly Task for today:
Every Wednesday is VACUUMING DAY – first things first, vacuum your home. Work quickly, vacuuming from the 2nd floor (if you have one), start in the bedrooms, vacuum any steps, and finish on the lower level. Vacuum edges if you have time, if you don’t, just vacuum the rooms. I also vacuum hard floors too (tile, hardwood, vinyl). Set your timer for 15-30 minutes and see if you can whip through your home in that amount of time. If you need to add a couple minutes, go ahead and do that if you have the time, but don’t spend much more than 30 minutes so you have time for the other tasks today.
Daily Tasks for Today:
Every day I complete these 4 simple tasks – complete them when it makes sense for you and your schedule – set a timer for 10-15 minutes if you need to, don’t get hung up on these tasks, they get easier as you follow my routine:
- check floors
- clean counters
Home Reset Task:
Once your home is quickly dusted and you’ve started a load of laundry or swept under the kitchen table, it’s time tackle today’s task to DECLUTTER COATS/ENTRYWAY/CLOSET. You can choose ONE of these tasks or ALL THREE – choose what you know you can complete today. Here are your simple steps:
- Set a timer for 15-30 minutes (whatever you have) and choose your spot to declutter. You can choose to simply declutter coats or to completely empty and declutter an entryway or closet. Consider the time you have and the space you want to tackle today. I chose to tackle our entryway closet – you can see the box for the organizer in the bottom of the closet. That’s been there for over a month waiting for me to use it 🙂 Here’s my before:
- Quickly clear the space.
- Make 4 piles: keep, toss, relocate, donate.
- Wipe down any surfaces and vacuum if necessary.
- Put away any items that were in the keep pile, toss what can be tossed, relocate what can be relocated, and put the donate items in a bin or bag for a trip to your favorite local donation center.
- Arrange items in a way that makes sense for your family and admire your space! Here’s my after – only 25 minutes later! I still have some ideas for the game storage and I want to work this space a little more, but what a difference! I put hats, mittens, gloves, scarves and snowpants in the hanging organizer – so much better than everything jumbled in a bag.
Sign up so you don’t miss a post!