September 17, 2015
Clean Mama’s Home Reset – Day 4
Welcome back to Clean Mama’s Home Reset – day 4! We’re over half-way done – keep going! Ready for day 4? Are you ready to take back your home and feel great about it? This mini-challenge is designed for you (and me) to concentrate on those clutter collecting areas and spaces that tend to get neglected or put off. We’re completing the Home Reset tasks while continuing on with the Clean Mama Cleaning Routine – this will ensure forward progress and we’ll get ahead at the same time. Did you print off your FREE printable guide? If you didn’t, go here first.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Weekly Task for today:
Every Thursday is FLOOR WASHING DAY – first things first, wash the floors in your home. Work quickly, washing any hard surface floors in your home. Set your timer for 15-30 minutes and see if you can whip through your home in that amount of time. If you need to add a couple minutes, go ahead and do that if you have the time, but don’t spend much more than 30 minutes so you have time for the other tasks today.
Daily Tasks for Today:
Every day I complete these 4 simple tasks – complete them when it makes sense for you and your schedule – set a timer for 10-15 minutes if you need to, don’t get hung up on these tasks, they get easier as you follow my routine:
- check floors
- clean counters
Home Reset Task:
Once your home is quickly dusted and you’ve started a load of laundry or swept under the kitchen table, it’s time tackle today’s task to DECLUTTER UNDER THE KITCHEN OR BATHROOM SINK. Here are your simple steps:
- Set a timer for 15-30 minutes (whatever you have) and choose your spot to declutter – choose whichever space is bothering you the most. Consider the time you have and the space you want to tackle today. Have extra time? Declutter both! I chose to declutter under the kitchen sink – I needed to do a quick tidy and replace the liner under the sink. Decluttering and replacing the liner only took 20 minutes – yay!
- Quickly clear the space.
- Make 4 piles: keep, toss, relocate, donate.
- Wipe down any surfaces and vacuum if necessary.
- Put away any items that were in the keep pile, toss what can be tossed, relocate what can be relocated, and put the donate items in a bin or bag for a trip to your favorite local donation center. Make sure you properly dispose of or recycle any toss items.
- Arrange items in a way that makes sense for your family and admire your space!
Sign up so you don’t miss a post!