January 22, 2018
The Clutter Challenge – a Home Reset for January – week 4
Are you ready for week 4 of The Clutter Challenge? Even if you didn’t finish everything up from last week or if you haven’t started, jump right into week 4 and follow the checklist. Each week, we’re working through different areas of our homes following the checklist. We’re starting this week with clothing + bedrooms. Keep reading for links to posts and tips for getting your clothing + bedrooms decluttered this week.
TIP: If you need to get caught up on laundry quickly before completing this challenge, check out my tips in this post.
You’ll find that there’s a specific order in the free printable list for the month. It’s important that you follow this order for decluttering your home but complete it in a way that makes sense for your schedule. Some recommendations: one task a day, set a timer for 10-15 minutes, or 2-3 tasks a day until completed. This order matters because it will take you through the house in a logical, sequential, and efficient way. If you haven’t grabbed the checklist yet, there’s a link down below 🙂
The goal for this week is to work on the Clothing + Bedrooms Checklist and do one or two of these things every day this week.
- shoes – donate or toss any shoes that you no longer wear or use. If you’re going through children’s shoes, keep what fits.
- outerwear – coats, hats, gloves, etc. – don’t wear it or love it? Donate it!
- clothing – sort by season and by type – the same goes for clothing, donate what you are no longer wearing, what doesn’t look and feel great, and what might not fit any longer.
- declutter floors + under beds – clean up everything on the floor and under the beds, give the space under your beds a quick vacuum (maybe even sync this with a Wednesday/ vacuuming day)
- sheets and linens – Have too many? Need some new non raggedy ones? Sort, fold, donate.
- pillows – Do a little assessment of your pillows too and see what you might need to launder and/or donate.
- bedside tables – Clean them off and keep this space as minimal as possible. A current read, lotions and potions, a lamp, and an alarm clock…
Get through as much as you possibly can and what you can’t complete you can do next week for our catch-up week!
Every Monday for the month of January, I’ll post some tips for the week ahead right here on the blog (make sure you’re subscribing below). Read on for more, grab your checklist, and follow along! I’ll be posting daily as much as I can on Instagram Stories my personal progress with the hope that it inspires and helps you along the way too!
Just getting started? Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the FREE printable Clutter Challenge Checklist
- Follow me on Instagram – I’ll be posting daily in my stories with what I’m working on every day.
- Follow along on Facebook
- Join my private Facebook group – HOMEKEEPING SOCIETY for support.
- Need more? Grab my Clutter Handbook!
- Looking for a fresh approach to cleaning? Check out my best-selling book, SIMPLY CLEAN.
- Sign up for my email list – if you already receive my emails, there’s no need to sign up again!
See you back here each Monday for each week’s tasks in THE CLUTTER CHALLENGE!
The Clutter Challenge INTRO
Fabiola Carrillo Says
Becky, thank you so much for sharing all your tips and ideas! I came across your blog a few months ago because I was searching for a cleaning routine that fit my lifestyle. I recently became a stay at home mom to care for my 12 week old and 4 year old and really needed a realistic cleaning routine. I absolutely love everything about your blog, so much that I bought your Simply Clean book and now follow you on Instagram so I won’t miss out on any of your tips! Thanks to you I enjoy cleaning and have fallen in love with my home again! Sorry for the long comment. I’ve been following your clutter challenge and was wondering where you keep all your travel gear? I currently keep mine in my guest bedroom’s closet but then my guests don’t have a space for their stuff. Any tips?
b r SaysPost author
Yay and welcome Fabiola! I keep suitcases in our master closet and travel stuff like toiletries and makeup bags in our master bathroom closet.