January 10, 2015
Clutterfree30 : Week 1 Tips and Highlights
The first week of the #clutterfree30 challenge has been amazing! If you are just starting and need a little more info, go to this post. And if you need a reason to declutter, go to this post for 5 good ones. The stuff that you guys are clearing out of your homes and decluttering in just 30 minutes a day is amazing. I am so inspired by what you all are doing! I hope you’re feeling a little lighter and like you’ve made some progress and are ready to keep going! This week we started with a general quick declutter and followed up with a little pantry clean out and then lots of decluttering in the bedrooms of our homes. Check out these posts for more inspiration.
- Closets tend to become disorganized before you know it. I love these closet hacks from The Shabby Creek Cottage for quick and easy ways to get your closet in order.
- I love the open storage in crates for shoes from The Country Chic Cottage. It helps to keep things contained and cute.
- If the last thing you look at before you fall asleep is your nightstand, you might as well organize it! Check out these tips from Clean Mama on how to tidy up that space.
- Shoes don’t always get stored in the bedroom. Mud rooms and entryways can easily become a drop zone for clutter and junk. Pare down, clean, and organize that space with the helpful suggestions from Clean Mama.
- Organize your pantry logically and visually appealing by creating zones with these easy to implement tips from Clean Mama
Check out these great pictures from this week on the #clutterfree30 hashtag! Click on the corresponding number below the image to see each one individually on Instagram.
Jen @ Healthfulsaver Says
DD can never find her stuff. She just rushes around from one thing to another without a routine of where to put her things. She liked my Jan monthly calendar you provided, so I am making her something similar weekly that has small cleaning chores “clean your nightstand” and daily tasks, such as “bring library books Monday in backpack”. I hope to be able to have her make her own weekly list in a few weeks, fingers crossed!!!
This is absolutely great. People don’t realize how much easier is everything when there is order. As a cleaner with more than 10 years of experience I can say that you have to organise your stuff to be able to clean properly. Some of my customers definitely need to see this!