December 31, 2015
Come Clean Challenge Quick Start
What’s the BEST way to start a challenge? Make some headway quickly so you’re motivated to continue. If you’re plodding along with no obvious progress, frustration creeps in and you’ll most likely get frustrated and give up. The Come Clean CHALLENGE is the perfect combination of let’s make some progress and the acknowledgement that life happens and no one’s perfect. Enter the QUICK START – basically 3 days to make a lot of progress in a short period of time so you feel like continuing.
Ready? Here’s what we’re going to do:
- For 3 days – January 1-3 – declutter as much as you are able to in your home. This could be taking down and putting away Christmas decorations, it could be going through kids toys, or maybe your clothing.
- Don’t worry about how much or how little time you have to devote to these 3 days. If you can spend at least 15 minutes a day decluttering SOMETHING you’re farther along than you were the day before. If you’re feeling motivated to do more or maybe you’re off work and want to clean out that closet you’ve been eyeing for the last year, now’s your chance!
- Grab some garbage bags or baskets to put your decluttered items into – have a plan for what you find otherwise you’ll simply be putting it back.
- Set up these categories for what you find: Toss/Keep/Sell/Donate
- Set your timer for 15-30 minutes and move quickly through your home, finding things to declutter. The most important thing for me is to get the items OUT of the house quickly. Put the bags in the garage or better yet, straight to your car and out the door to your favorite donation center.
- Come back here on Monday, January 4th, ready to start cleaning the kitchen!
Need a little inspiration before getting started?
5 Reasons to Declutter
How to Declutter and Simplify Your Life
New here? Keep reading to grab your FREE printables to get started with the Come Clean Challenge:
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Print off your worksheet and calendar for the month – prepare yourself and get ready to get your home clean, tidy, and organized.
- We’ll start off with 3 days to get rid of clutter – I’ll have a post on December 31st with some quick tips to get rid of clutter in a hurry.
- Then, each Monday in January I’ll give you a focus space for the week – you can see them on the calendar. On that same post on Monday, I’ll give you a handful of tips and posts to refer to during the week. Work at your own pace, do what you can and worry about progress, not completion at this point. Each daily task corresponds with my cleaning routine so you’ll be working smarter, not harder.
- Follow along (subscribe in the sidebar) for motivational posts and tips to keep up with the daily and weekly tasks. I also post daily reminders on Instagram and Facebook and have a new private Facebook group too called Homekeeping Society (just ask to join and I’ll add you) – it’s great for support and to meet others that are following along with my cleaning routine.
Get your FREE Come Clean Challenge worksheet here and the cleaning calendar for January 2016 here!
Catch up on the posts here:
Come Clean Challenge – Free Printable
Come Clean Challenge Quick Start
Week 1 – Kitchen
Week 2 – Living Spaces
Week 3 – Bathrooms
Week 4 – Bedrooms
Come Clean – Wrap Up
Did you catch the launch of Clean Mama HOME? Come see!
How does your schedule work for those of us with full time jobs outside the home? With activities after work sometimes I don’t get home til 9 or 10 and don’t want to have to clean then. Thanks.
Becky SaysPost author
Check out this post:
Sounds like fun! We are going to be gone after the first week or so of this but will pick up where I left off when we get back! We all can DO this! Just “a little bit every day” and the daily cleaning calendar schedule have been the best things EVER for an organized clean home! So glad I came across the clean mama site!
just new mariana Says
i started with bedroom yesterday… i’m excited! moving things to another places, decluttering.
I am so excited to do this! Thank you for your hard work putting this together!
Your graphics & photos look fantastic. Keep up the old work. I appreciate you!