January 18, 2016
Come Clean Challenge – Week 3 – Bathrooms
This month I’m doing a Come Clean Challenge to jump start the 2016 cleaning calendar theme – Come Clean in 2016. Each week this month I’ll have simple, daily tasks to work on – don’t worry about getting everything done, work on a little something every day and your bathrooms will be cleaner than they were at the beginning of the week. For instance, when you’re vacuuming on Wednesday (vacuuming day), you’ll wash floors and baseboards is the task for the day. Adding this step on Wednesday will make Thursday’s tasks a little easier. Make the challenge work for you and your schedule but don’t get discouraged by what you can’t accomplish, concentrate on what you can get done in short chunks of time.
Not sure how to incorporate deep cleaning your bathrooms AND keep up with other household tasks? Here’s what I do….
Start with the daily tasks and make sure those get completed – wipe counters, check floors, one load of laundry, clutter THEN when those are completed or started, I do the weekly tasks – Monday is bathrooms day (follow my speed clean plan to get started), Tuesday is dusting day, etc. I work QUICKLY and get the task finished up in about 15 minutes. This week I’ll be working on bathrooms as I can and with the weekly tasks incorporated as much as possible. Think of ways to maximize your time and effort by adding another task or two to what you’re already working on.
On the checklist for this week and a little bit of direction:
- DUST LIGHT FIXTURES – Do a quick dust of any light fixtures. I use this duster and/or my soft bristle vacuum cleaner attachment. If you have glass light fixtures and they are really dusty (and you have time) you can remove them and wash in your kitchen sink with warm soapy water.
- VACUUM FLOORS, BASEBOARDS, VENTS – While dusting (Tuesday is dusting day) incorporate dusting any edges, corners, and vents. Use a dusting wand, a duster, and/or your vacuum cleaner to make this simple and easy.
- WASH FLOORS AND BASEBOARDS – After vacuuming (vacuuming day) take the time to use the hose attachment on your vacuum cleaner to get the edges, corners, and baseboards. Then wash your floors and baseboards thoroughly.
- EMPTY AND CLEAN AT LEAST ONE CUPBOARD AND DRAWER – Start under the bathroom sink and completely empty it. Toss any expired products
- TOWEL INVENTORY AND STORAGE – Today’s the day to evaluate your bathroom towel situation. Do you have too many towels? Are there raggedy ones that could be replaced? January is a great time to buy new towels because of all the white sales 🙂 Donate any unneeded towels to your favorite donation spot or local animal shelter.
- CATCH UP ON ANY UNCOMPLETED TASKS – Did you run out of time or energy to complete tasks during the week? Catch up on this day!
- QUICK DECLUTTER OF ALL SURFACES – Get ready for the week ahead by making sure surfaces remain cleaned off and everything is tidied up. Bathroom counters can become clutter magnets – declutter again ahead of a busy week.
Some blog posts to inspire and give you some guidance:
START HERE on Monday: How to Speed Clean ALL Your Bathrooms in 15 Minutes
Simple Toiletry Organization
Simple Tips for Organizing Bathrooms
4 Tips to Organize Under the Bathroom Sink
8 Simple DIY Bathroom Cleaners + FREE Printable
Homekeeping Skills You Need In the Bathroom
The Best Ways to Eliminate Stains and Gunk in the Bathroom
How to Clean a Whirlpool Bathtub
How to Clean a Shower and Keep It That Way + DIY Recipes
Catch up on the posts here:
The excitement over Clean Mama HOME has blown me away! Pictured below are my glass spray bottles – available with and without labels. I sold out of the microfiber but it will be fully stocked in the next couple weeks.
Looking for more Cleaning Inspiration?
Get Access to Clean Mama's Free Quick Clean Printable
You'll also get access to the entire free printable library!