February 5, 2010
Creating a Crafting Space – Part II – Wall Art Clips
Hanging fun art on the walls of my craft/art/learning room is important to me. I found these really fun number cards and was inspired to create a way to hang them. Nothing matched my color scheme, so I schemed to make some. Do you want to make some too?
Here’s what you need….
- clothespins – I bought a package of itty-bitty ones at Michael’s
- some type of wood cut-out to glue on top of the clothespin – I chose 1″ plain circular disks (also from Michael’s)
- acrylic craft paint – I like Apple Barrel
- paint brush and water
- glue – I used my glue gun, but you can use craft or super glue
Once you have your supplies, this is what you do….
- paint clothespins and wood cut-outs
- glue the two pieces together – the wood cut out should cover up the metal part of the clothespin
- thread string through the holes of the clothespins
- put nails or hooks in/on the wall where you want your wall art to be hung
- hang clips and art
And there you have it – hand-made wall clips!
Terri B. Says
I just came across your posting and thought you might be interested in learning about a Canadian company that creates inspired wall art- Wall Tattoos. It’s a fun and easy way to decorate your space.
We like to describe it as The only tattoo you’ll never regret
At Surface Collective, http://www.surfacecollective.com, our passion is to create wall art that speaks to your soul and to your budget. Priced from $39, our line of removable Wall Tattoos lets you make your mark, without using a drop of ink.
More than 50 designs and dozens of colour combinations
Design themes for every room in the house, from nurseries to powder rooms
Application is painless and takes just a few minutes
Removal is simple- Wall Tattoos come down in seconds and don’t leave a trace
Surface Collective provides an easy solution for the way you want to decorate your life. Check out the entire collection of Wall Tattoos at http://www.surfacecollective.com. We guarantee you’ll find a design to suit your unique style.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments. I’d be happy to give you more information on the company and our products and services.
Thanks for your attention.
I love your version of the art clips! And how smart of you to do it yourself instead of buying it! Love the cards, too.
Thanks for your visit and comment!