July 31, 2017
DAY 2: The 7-Day SIMPLY CLEAN Kick Start Challenge
If you’ve wanted to start a cleaning routine but haven’t known how or where to start, The 7-Day SIMPLY CLEAN Kick Start Challenge is for you. If you need a little encouragement and help sticking with a cleaning routine, you’ll love this challenge as well. I started developing my cleaning routine for myself almost 20 years ago and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tweaked and changed it, but it’s the one thing that remains the same in the midst of a busy life. I hope you try it out and see how it works for you!
This challenge is straight from my best-selling book Simply Clean – grab the book for even more!
The following is an excerpt from Chapter 3 in Simply Clean:
(MONDAY) DAY 2: BATHROOMS
If you have one bathroom or five, you’re going to spend time today cleaning each and every one of them. Master this method—it’s going to be your new favorite bathroom cleaning routine. It might take you a couple times to get into the groove, but you’ll find that not only is this method efficient, it also will help you clean your bathrooms thoroughly. And a clean bathroom is a wonderful thing!
How to Clean All Your Bathrooms in Just 10–15 Minutes
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need cleaning cloths (microfiber ones work great), disinfecting/bathroom cleaner, glass and window cleaner, scrubbing powder or abrasive cleaner, a scrub brush, toilet cleaner and brush, an empty container for dirty cloths or paper towels, and a caddy to carry supplies from one bathroom to the next.
- Start with your mirrors. Spray a little window cleaner on your cloth or mirror and wipe clean. Wipe from the top left-hand corner to the top right-hand corner and “Z” your way down to the bottom right-hand corner of the mirror. This method will help you clean your mirrors quickly and it will also ensure that you aren’t leaving any streaks or spots.
- Next, move on to your sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower and liberally spray with your favorite disinfecting cleaner. But don’t wipe yet! It’s important to give your cleaners a couple minutes to work. If the cleaner has dried when you come back, just give it a quick spritz and wipe clean. Next time spray a little more liberally so it stays wet until you come back to clean it.
- Scrub the toilet. I prefer to use disposable or flushable toilet wipes because toilet brushes gross me out, but that’s just me. Use your favorite toilet scrubber and quickly get the job done.Repeat this process in the next bathrooms.
- Clean the mirror, spray cleaner all over the sink, toilet (tank to floor), and tub or shower, and scrub the toilet.
- Go back to the first bathroom and wipe the surfaces clean—use a separate cleaning cloth for each toilet, sink, and tub or shower to avoid cross-contamination.
- Go to the next bathroom and repeat wiping everything down until you’ve cleaned each bathroom.
Phew! The first time you use this method will most likely take longer than 10–15 minutes, but if you keep up with the routine for a couple weeks you’ll be buzzing through your bathrooms in no time.
If you want to see a play-by-play blog post of how I clean my bathrooms, go here.
Here’s how the challenge is going to work – every day for 7 days (July 30-August 5) you’ll have an assigned task to complete – you’ll see that the tasks semi-mirror my cleaning routine. Once you’ve completed the 7 tasks, you’ll be ready to continue with the Simply Clean Method as you move forward. I’ll be sharing the daily tasks on social media and on the blog. Want to join in and get a jumpstart on your cleaning routine and bring a little order to your home? Order Simply Clean and follow along!
Coming in a little late? No worries! Start when and where you can and follow along! Check out the links below for where you can find the daily prompts and follow what works for you:
Order Simply Clean
Follow Clean Mama on Facebook
Follow Clean Mama on Instagram
Join Private FB group – Homekeeping Society
Want my posts sent as an email reminder? Sign up in the sidebar for those posts!
Catch up on any of the days here:
Up for another challenge? As soon as this one is done, you can do the 28-Day Simply Clean Challenge. That challenge is straight from my book but you can also get the daily challenge tasks delivered daily right to your inbox with a FREE printable checklist to use as you follow along. Go to the link below and to sign up (this is NOT my newsletter sign up form, you will only get this challenge if you sign up for it!)