Blog Categories +
Every bathroom needs a good scrub from time to time. This simple and effective DIY Bathroom Scrub costs pennies to make and you can clean without worrying about any harmful chemicals. Just two ingredients and it works on ANY hard surface that needs a little scrub! Porcelain, stainless steel, acrylic, copper, stone, solid surface – scrub away!
As you’re cleaning the bathroom, if you have any areas that need a little extra scrub, wet the surface, sprinkle a little bathroom scrub on the surface, add a squirt or two of castile soap and give the surface a good scrub and rinse. It’s so easy and effective.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 20 drops essential oil
- castile or dish soap
- container with a lid or a shaker top – I use this mason jar
- label if you’d like – these are the scrub labels I use
- scrub brush or sponge
MIX UP AND USE:
- put baking soda in your container – I like using a mason jar
- add essential oils to the top of the baking soda – I like the Fresh Blend for bathrooms (it’s Sweet Mint)
- stir and combine with a table knife
- wet your surface
- sprinkle liberally on your surface
- add a squirt or two of castile soap
- scrub with a scrub brush or sponge
- rinse thoroughly
- dry with a cleaning cloth or air dry
If you have a white sink or tub or grout that you’d like to whiten up, add a sprinkle of Oxygen Whitener to surface with the powder, scrub and rinse.
If you don’t want to mix up your own scrub, I have a Multi-Purpose Cleaning & Freshening Powder in the shop! Check it out here.
This recipe also works as my Nightly Sink Scrub – use it in your kitchen sink to give it a nightly clean and shine.