July 31, 2019
DIY Lemon + Lavender Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are a fun DIY bath treat, easy to make, and better if you make them yourself because you know exactly what ingredients are in them. My middle school daughter has been whipping these up for herself and gifts and we thought you might want to try them too! They’re great for gifts or just for you for a therapeutic bath. I’ve linked up the ingredients and supplies at the bottom of the post.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 -3 tablespoons almond or fractionated coconut oil (start with 2 1/2 and increase if the mixture doesn’t stick together)
- 3/4 tablespoon water
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- lavender buds (optional but fun)
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon purple soap dye (depending on how bright you want your bath bombs)
- bath molds
- glass measuring cup or small bowl for wet ingredients
- medium bowl to mix dry and wet ingredients together
- fork or a small whisk
Mix all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix the wet ingredients (almond oil, water, essential oils, and soap dye) in the glass measuring cup or small bowl.
Very slowly, drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine with your hands until thoroughly mixed. The mixture will look and feel like wet sand.
Fill two halves of a bath bomb form with the mixture and tightly pack and push the two halves together.
Press and hold them together for a minute or so until they join together. Lightly tap the form to remove the bath bomb. Repeat until the mixture made into bath bombs.
Place the bath bombs into a container and set outside in the sun or on a counter. Let firm up for about 24 hours. Draw a warm bath and drop a bath bomb in – it will fizz for a minute or two. The bath bomb smells divine, gives you a luxurious bath, and softens skin. Let us know if you try it!
SHOP THE POST
Looking for more DIY Inspiration?
Get Access to Clean Mama's Free DIY Recipes Printable
You'll also get access to the entire free printable library!