August 31, 2022
DIY Nightly Sink Scrub
My favorite DIY recipe is also my favorite nightly ritual – the Nightly Sink Scrub. This little recipe will change your evening kitchen routine for the better. The best thing? It works on ANY sink type! Porcelain, stainless steel, acrylic, copper, stone, solid surface – scrub away! If you are new here and haven’t seen this part of my daily routine, here’s how I mix it up.
Every night we reset the kitchen, put the dishes in the dishwasher, wipe up the counters and finally sprinkle a little sink scrub in the sink, add a squirt or two of dish soap and give the sink a good scrub and rinse. Here’s how I keep the kitchen clean with the Clean Mama Routine.
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 20 drops essential oil
- castile or dish soap
- container with a lid or a shaker top – I use this mason jar
- label if you’d like – these are the scrub labels I use
- sink-safe scrub brush or sponge – I dedicate one for sink cleaning so there’s no contamination
MIX UP AND USE:
- put baking soda in your container – I like using a mason jar
- add essential oils to the top of the baking soda
- stir and combine with a table knife
- wet your sink
- sprinkle liberally in your sink
- rinse thoroughly
- dry with a cleaning cloth or air dry
If you don’t want to mix up your own scrub, I have a Multi-Purpose Cleaning & Freshening Powder in the shop! Check it out here.
Looking for more DIY Inspiration?
Get Access to Clean Mama's Free DIY Recipes Printable
You'll also get access to the entire free printable library!