June 10, 2019
Doing a Load of Laundry Every Day Can Change Your Life
If you’ve been following me for more than a week you have most likely heard me talk about doing a load of laundry every day before because it’s one of my 5 daily tasks. This simple little mind shift takes a little bit of work on the front end and it might take you a week or two to get used to it, but I guarantee that you’ll wonder how you did laundry any other way once get it working for you. Doing a load of laundry daily is a huge component to feeling caught up, less overwhelmed, and in control of one of this never-ending household task.
You can work this tip a number of different ways but my personal recommendation is to do one person’s laundry every day and finish with washing sheets and towels on Saturdays (that’s the weekly task for Saturday in my routine). The last laundry load of the week is cleaning cloths washed on hot/sanitize and then I do a CLEAN cycle on the washer and call it good for the week.
Don’t miss the SALE on all Laundry Products in Clean Mama Home – no coupon code needed!
HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR YOU:
If you’re skeptical or not sure where to start, here are a couple ideas to make this work for you home.
- Collect all the laundry in the house at the end of the day or just have one hamper in the laundry room and wash what’s in that daily. With three kids we easily have a load of laundry every day, some days there are multiple loads. (This is not the method I use, but a lot of people use this method!)
- Don’t separate the kids’ clothes into whites and darks, just toss it all in on cold. I’ve never had any issues with color transfer with this method. The two big kids fold their own clothes and put them away – this is extremely helpful! Use the summer to teach your kids how to do their own laundry. Here’s a post showing you how to do it.
- For my husband and myself I do separate clothes (whites, darks, workout wear) and we each have our own hamper so our clothes are washed separately. We both work out quite a bit so I usually have a load of workout clothes for each of us weekly too.
- If you work outside of the home, set your washer to start an hour or so before you get up in the morning. Once you get up, toss it in the dryer and fold before leaving or when you get home.
- Don’t have enough laundry for a load a day? Try doing a load every other day or every third day.
- Need to catch up in a hurry? Try my method for quickly getting caught up on laundry.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- You will always have clean clothes that are ready to wear.
- No last minute laundry sessions to wash that uniform or special outfit.
- No mountains of laundry on furniture.
- Ironing is at a minimum because nothing is sitting in a laundry basket getting wrinkled. I might have to iron or steam something once every month or so.
Just a couple minutes a day will keep you on track for this task and it eliminates doing laundry for hours all at once. Try it!
It’s Laundry Week!
- Follow me on Instagram @cleanmama for a #laundryeverydaychallenge – I’m encouraging you to TRY doing a load of laundry every day for a week.
- Here’s the challenge: do one load of laundry every day for a week from washer to folded and put away. Post your load of laundry on Instagram with the hashtag #laundryeverydaychallenge and tag me so I can share! Even if you think this sounds crazy, accept the challenge and see what happens in your home – it will surprise you!