August 30, 2010
DONE! English Muffin Toasting Bread and Whole Wheat Bread
How can a busy mom simplify homemade bread? By making her own bread mixes. Today I’d like to share with you some quick tips for making bread mixes so I have a quick shortcut to making bread later. This is about a 10 minute process that makes it so much easier to mix up a couple loaves of yummy bread. Here’s how I do it:
1. Start with great recipes – here are two that I LOVE:
2. DOUBLE/TRIPLE the recipe – if I’m going to bake bread, I always make sure that I make at least two loaves so I can toss one in the freezer.
3. Label plastic zip-top bags with what kind of bread mix you’ve made and what wet ingredients are necessary to complete the mix.
4. Place bag in large container to hold the bag open for ingredients.
5. As long as you have baking ingredients out, make a couple different batches of bread.
6. Press air out of bag and seal.
7. Freeze for later.
Come back tomorrow for: