September 28, 2010
Easiest Pot Roast – EVER
I am not one for pre-packaged, convenience foods, but this is my easiest and best pot roast recipe, so I make the exception. Comfort food at its finest. Here’s the recipe (no printable needed, you’ll probably remember it, it’s that easy). Ready?
2-3 pound chuck roast
1 package onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
preheat oven to 325 degrees
- place a large sheet of foil in a baking pan (large enough sheet to “wrap” up the meat).
- place chuck roast on the foil
- pour can of soup over the meat
- sprinkle onion soup mix over the soup
- wrap foil up and around the meat – crimping the foil so it’s all sealed in
- bake for 3+ hours at 325 degrees
- open up, slice and serve with pot roast-y kinds of sides (mashed potatoes, carrots…)