September 28, 2010
Easiest Pot Roast – EVER
I am not one for pre-packaged, convenience foods, but this is my easiest and best pot roast recipe, so I make the exception. Comfort food at its finest. Here’s the recipe (no printable needed, you’ll probably remember it, it’s that easy). Ready?
2-3 pound chuck roast
1 package onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
preheat oven to 325 degrees
- place a large sheet of foil in a baking pan (large enough sheet to “wrap” up the meat).
- place chuck roast on the foil
- pour can of soup over the meat
- sprinkle onion soup mix over the soup
- wrap foil up and around the meat – crimping the foil so it’s all sealed in
- bake for 3+ hours at 325 degrees
- open up, slice and serve with pot roast-y kinds of sides (mashed potatoes, carrots…)
Wow, that’s like a Sunday dinner that I could pull off any day of the week. Grazie.
Sounds yummy – if you’re interested I have a recipe for homemade onion soup mix (less additives!). http://www.tangledzen.com/2010/04/dried-onion-soup-mix.html
I have made this post roast for a couple of years and I absolutely love it! I occasionally add in a pkg of cream cheese during the last 30 minutes! OH MY! Simply divine!!!
I love that you used the word “pot roast-y”! Made me smile today.
Amanda H. Says
Oh this looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!
This is such a simple recipe, I love it! I usually cook pot roast in my slow cooker which is also easy. I work with La Cense Beef, which is a 100% grass fed program. If you are interested in other quick and easy recipes for your Pot Roast, check out the website.
I make this in my crock pot all the time. In addition to the cream of mushroom soup and french onion soup mix I add a can of coca cola. Then I use the juice as a gravy on mashed potatoes. We call it Coke Roast 🙂