March 7, 2016
Come SPRING Clean : Essential Tools for Spring Cleaning
I love getting ready for spring cleaning. Gathering supplies and gearing up for a cleaning endeavor is definitely more fun than the cleaning itself, right? I find that it’s most effective to gather from tools I already have and then assess the situation and see if I need to get anything else. This ensures that I am ready to do a little bit of cleaning every day or for a few days in a row, and stay on track with spring cleaning. Want to give it a whirl too?
Here’s what you need to do:
Grab a container, a basket, or a caddy and collect the tools you’ll need for spring cleaning. You can carry this from room to room with you or keep it in a mudroom or storage closet and just take out what’s needed each day. This year I’m especially excited to spring clean because I have my very own products (Clean Mama Home) and not only do I love using them (because cute cleaning definitely makes cleaning more fun), but they work better than anything I’ve used before! Yay 🙂
I’m keeping the cleaning supply list SIMPLE this year, less is more and when you have multi-purpose products, it’s just plain easier to get that cleaning done.
Spring Cleaning Tools:
- cleaning caddy
- microfiber cleaning cloths
- bar mops or cotton cleaning cloths
- vacuum cleaner with attachments
- carpet cleaner (optional)
- blind cleaner
- scrub brushes – large and small (or an old toothbrush)
- window squeegee
- lint roller
- garbage bags
Spring Cleaning Products – use your favorites or DIY them (I’ll be sharing my recipes this week):
- dish or castile soap
- all-purpose cleaning spray
- window spray
- soft scrub
I’ve linked up my favorites below – some are affiliate links:
Here’s a little recap of how the Come Spring Clean Challenge is going to work:
- Print the free Come Spring Clean Challenge printable – keep reading to grab it! It pairs up perfectly with March’s free printable calendar.
- Get started as soon as you are ready! You’ll see that the first 3 tasks are all preparing for spring cleaning. I’ll be back soon to detail some of those specific tasks and to give you ideas on SIMPLE products, recipes, and tools that work! I LOVE my Clean Mama Home microfiber cloths seen in the images – you might want to grab some for your spring cleaning!
- All of March and probably part of April 🙂 I’ll be talking spring cleaning – tips, tricks, DIY recipes, supplies.
- You’ll notice that the checklist has 31 days on it – you can easily complete it this month or work even more quickly and get it done in a week. That’s the beauty of a self-paced challenge.
- Follow along so you don’t miss a thing. Follow on Instagram and definitely sign up for my newsletter and blog posts with your email address below:
Ready to grab your free printable checklist and get started with your spring cleaning?
Go here for your FREE Come SPRING Clean Challenge Checklist!
(Please note: You’ll need to put the checklist in your cart and checkout – it’s still FREE – once you create an account it will save any free and purchased printables and you can come back and access them anytime. Upon checkout you’ll see the link for the free calendar AND it will also be emailed to you automatically!)
More posts in this series – just click on the image to go to the post:
Want to up the cute factor in your cleaning? Check out my brand new shop and product line, Clean Mama HOME!
Don’t miss my Cleaning Bundle and Spring Cleaning SALE!
Crystal Barton Says
I love how very detailed you are with everything we need to do to begin our spring cleaning process! And, that you have your very own products is beyond awesome! Can’t wait to share this with my friends.
Linda Mims Says
Excuse my stupidity, please; but how do you dust ceilings and what do you use? I have blown ceilings and all that little stuff comes off.
Becky SaysPost author
A soft duster intended for ceilings – that kind of ceiling is especially tricky 🙁
Vickie Lacey Says
I am wondering why do you use glass spray bottles instead of plastic? I’m thinking of trying some of your recipes. Thanks!
Becky SaysPost author
I like the way they look, feel, and keep the homemade cleaners fresher for longer 🙂
I love all of your recipes but I’m having a hard time finding the castile soap
Becky SaysPost author
Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon…