Blog Categories +
Let’s talk about cleaning bathrooms. While cleaning bathrooms isn’t fun, it’s necessary. Pair this task with a day of the week (Mondays) and my simple and effective method for speed cleaning bathrooms in 15 minutes (or less) and you’ll find that cleaning bathrooms isn’t so bad. When you thoroughly clean the bathrooms on Mondays and wipe counters as needed during the week (WIPE COUNTERS is a Daily Task), you’ll find that your bathrooms are clean all week long.
Why do I clean bathrooms on Mondays? After the weekend the bathrooms need a good cleaning, I’m not a fan of cleaning bathrooms so I get it out of the way right away, and it sets the tone for the week! On this first day of CLEANING CLASS, I’d love to show you how I clean bathrooms in our house. It’s so easy, learn it and teach your family members so you all know the tricks!
I’ve included this download in the CLEANING CLASS free printable kit and it’s on the free printables page. Go here to grab it.
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES AND TOOLS – HERE’S WHAT I KEEP IN MY CADDY:
- DIY CLEANING SPRAY or my ALL-PURPOSE SPRAY
- Hydrogen Peroxide – I put a SPRAYER on the bottle and use it for disinfecting
- CASTILE SOAP – squirt in the toilet and scrub or add to the sink scrub or Oxygen Whitener (below) for a little extra cleaning action
- SINK SCRUB – use this on tubs, showers, in the sink, toilet – anywhere you need a little scrubbing power
- OXYGEN WHITENER – sprinkle in toilets to whiten
- MICROFIBER CLEANING CLOTHS – my preference for bathrooms, use what you prefer
- POLISHING CLOTHS – FOR MIRRORS
- CLEANING CADDY – I use a large bucket with a handle so I can tote it from bathroom to bathroom
- GLASS SPRAY BOTTLES – my preference for DIY cleaners
- SCRUB BRUSH(ES) – I use a large surface scrubber and a detail brush in the bathrooms
You can see all my favorites on my Favorites Page here.
Put your bathroom cleaning supplies in a Bathroom Cleaning Caddy. This is something I’ve been doing for probably close to 20 years – I love having bathroom cleaning caddies because you have all your supplies at the ready. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 bathroom or 6, this method is the easiest and quickest way to get them all clean in a hurry. Even better? This isn’t fake cleaning or touching up – it’s complete and thorough cleaning. The first couple weeks will most likely take a little longer than 15 minutes, but once you get this technique down you’ll see how quick and easy it is.
If you are new here and are wondering how I clean toilets, here’s how I naturally clean a toilet.
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to CLEAN your bathrooms. Follow along on the checklist – you’ll notice that you aren’t vacuuming or washing the floors. This speeds up the process and if you’re cleaning all week long, you’ll see that on Wednesday we vacuum and on Thursday we wash floors. Once you do the routine for a couple weeks, you’ll see that this is so much more efficient and you don’t notice that you need to vacuum or wash your bathroom floors on Mondays when you clean bathrooms.
HERE ARE THE STEPS TO SPEED CLEAN YOUR BATHROOMS – these are the same steps in the free printable:
- Clear off counters and all surfaces.
- Spray cloth (don’t spray the mirrors) with glass cleaner and wipe any mirrors clean – keep this cloth handy and reuse in each bathroom.
- Thoroughly spray the sink, toilet, and tub or shower (if you don’t use a tub or shower regularly, you don’t need to clean it weekly) and quickly spray with your disinfecting cleaner.
- Use your preferred toilet cleaner and brush and do a quick clean of your toilet.
- Repeat these steps in each bathroom. Once you’ve done that, go back to the first bathroom.
- Wipe the sink, wipe the toilet, and wipe the tub or shower —take care to use a separate cloth or paper towel for each toilet and sink to avoid cross-contamination.
- Place dirty cloths in container.
- Move on to wiping down the next bathroom and the next until you have quickly wiped down each bathroom.
- Change hand and bath towels.
- Save the floors for vacuuming and floor washing days.
Why does this method work? You’re using an assembly line method – this speeds up the process, it keeps you on task and helps you to move quickly from one bathroom to the next.
This post is part of Cleaning Class – I’ll be on Instagram quite a bit this week in Stories and going live – make sure you’re following along over there too.
I’m linking up the days as we go this week – click below on any day to catch up!
Cleaning Class Introduction Post
NEW here? Start with this post —-> It’s Cleaning Class Week – DAILY TASKS
Monday – BATHROOMS + daily tasks
Tuesday – DUSTING + daily tasks
Wednesday – VACUUMING + daily tasks
Thursday – FLOOR WASHING + daily tasks
Friday – CATCH-ALL DAY + daily tasks
Saturday – SHEETS + TOWELS + daily tasks