October 31, 2018
Everyday Tip : Bathtime + Clean Bathrooms
Sometimes a quick and simple tip that can make the mundane a little easier or make your life a little better makes a BIG difference. This is an ongoing series here on the blog where I share simple tips, finds, and suggestions to make life a little easier. I’ll be sharing these tips regularly on the blog and on Instagram– make sure you’re following along! You can see all the Everyday Tips here.
This tip is one for those of you with little ones that love bath time and are old enough to sit up and play independently in the bathtub while you are still in the bathroom with them. Of course, never turn your back on a little one that should have your eyes on them at all times.
Here’s what you need to do to make this work:
- Make sure you have all your cleaning supplies with you so you don’t need to leave the room to grab something. I also only recommend doing this if you are using safe, non-toxic cleaning supplies around your kids. You don’t want to fill their little lungs (or yours) with chemicals – here are my favorites.
- Fill the tub for your little one(s). Add your child(ren) and their favorite bath toys.
- Once they are occupied and playing, start cleaning.
- Work in this order: wipe mirror, spray sink, spray toilet, scrub toilet. Let it sit for a couple minutes (wash your little one’s hair or play while the cleaner sits).
- Wipe each surface thoroughly.
- If you have extra time, take a couple minutes to declutter and organize a drawer or cupboard.
When my kids were little I loved this bathroom cleaning trick – I can’t tell you how many bathrooms were cleaned when they were happily playing in the bathtub. I hope you are able to use it too!
Here are a couple more posts and products you might enjoy:
My essential bathroom care tips.
Toilet care tips and my toilet brush trick.
My favorite mom shortcuts, tips and tricks.
Bathroom Cleaning Kit from Clean Mama Home.
Such a smart tip! I do this often and it’s such a time saver. When it was just my daughter I would sit there and give myself pedicures while she played.
Great idea and so logical! Wish I’d thought of that when my girls were little.
I do this! My daughter (5) can play in the bath for hours if left to do so, so it evolved out of wanting to do something while she was playing. Now I clean the bathroom and fold some laundry while she plays away. I always felt like I was a little weird, nice to know I’m not alone!
I used to do this with 2 little ones alone. I learned fast to pripare everything before so I dont have to leave the room or turn back my back for 1 second.