February 26, 2018
Everyday Tips : Make a Mattress Freshener
Sometimes a quick and simple tip that can make the mundane a little easier or make your life a little better makes a BIG difference. This is a new series here on the blog where I’ll be sharing simple tips, finds, and suggestions to make life a little easier. I’ll be sharing these tips regularly on the blog and on Instagram– make sure you’re following along!
If you’re freshening up or trying to absorb and eliminate the scent of something yucky on your mattress, you’ll need about 1/4 cup of baking soda mixed with 3-5 drops of essential oil to cover the surface of a queen or king mattress. I use my sink scrub (linked up below) that’s already pre-mixed in a mason jar for this but you can also mix it up just for this task. I recommend using a fine sieve/sifter to evenly and lightly dispense the baking powder. Lavender essential oil makes a wonderful scent for mattress freshening. If you need something a little more powerful you might want to combine melaleuca and lemon to purify the stink a bit more.
- LIGHTLY sprinkle over the mattress
- Let it sit for 30+ minutes
- Vacuum it up using an attachment on your vacuum cleaner ( I use an upholstery attachment but you can also use the hose attachment – clean it before you use it and after you’ve used it!)
A COUPLE OTHER POSTS THAT YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- 3 ways to use this mixture of baking soda and essential oils – sink scrub, carpet freshener, mattress freshener
- Go to this post for all my tips on cleaning and caring for your mattresses.