August 19, 2019
Feeling Overwhelmed? Do This.
If you’re feeling the pressure of the changing season, you’re not alone. Summer has that easy going vibe and then when that fall switch flips it can feel like the wheels are coming off or like you’re in uncharted territory. Our three kids start back to school this week and they need a little more structure and I know that I need to make sure I have my schedule in place so I get everything that I need to get done, done. When I was a teacher I remember the anticipation/dread/excitement of going back to school and I feel like the change of seasons can bring some of those same feelings rushing back.
Here’s something I know – CLUTTER = STRESS
My mission? I want to help you get past that clutter, past that stress, to the place where you can enjoy life, your kids, have time for what matters to you and not stress over clutter. I want you to know that cleaning doesn’t have to be all or nothing.
Maybe you are ….
- just wanting to take the house back
- sending little ones to school for the first time
- sending big kids back to school
- starting fall sports and aren’t sure how to handle the extra time commitment with your job
- starting a new job or a different schedule
- facing a health crisis
- feeling overwhelmed
- overwhelmed and don’t know where or how to start
If you feel stressed out, unsure of where to start, clear ONE surface. Just one. It can be your kitchen counter, a kitchen table, your bathroom counter, the mantle, your desk at work….any surface.
Here’s how to clear one surface:
- Identify your surface.
- Completely empty/clear it – leave NOTHING on the surface.
- Wipe the surface off with a barely damp cloth and/or your favorite cleaner.
- Step back and gaze at that clean and empty surface. Sometimes a clean and clear surface can give you a little calm in a room. Leave it empty for a bit if you can.
- When you’re ready, evaluate what you are going to put back. Do you need everything? Are you using it daily or weekly? Is there anything you can donate, sell, put somewhere else?
- Return the necessities to the space.
- Evaluate again – how does it look? Any additional edits?
See, clearing one surface CAN help with that overwhelmed feeling. Ready for more? I’d love to help you finally get started with a routine that works – check out my course, Jumpstart Your Routine.