October 28, 2019
Free Printable : Bathroom Quick Clean
Why do I clean bathrooms on Mondays? After the weekend the bathrooms need a good cleaning, I’m not a fan of cleaning bathrooms so I get it out of the way right away, and it sets the tone for the week!
It doesn’t matter if you have 1 bathroom or 6, this method is the easiest and quickest way to get them all clean in a hurry. Even better? This isn’t fake cleaning or touching up – it’s complete and thorough cleaning.
What’s the trick? You’ll notice that I am not sweeping, vacuuming, or washing the floors. This is part of the time-saving magic of this approach. I vacuum all the floors on Wednesdays and wash all the floors on Thursday, so there’s no need to vacuum or wash them on Mondays. If this is your first time trying this routine and you want to have all your bathrooms cleaned at once, feel free to clean the floors but it will take longer than 10-15 minutes. Another key component to a quick and easy bathroom cleaning session is that I do a quick counter check every day as part of my cleaning routine and that keeps the cleaning time down on Mondays as well.
If you haven’t checked out my free printables yet, I have two that will help you keep track of my cleaning routine – look under ‘clean home’ for Cleaning Routine at a Glance and Cleaning Routine Calendar.
You’ll see this little list on my Homekeeping Planner™ and calendar – it’s the WEEKLY task with the DAILY tasks:
Here’s how I QUICK CLEAN my bathrooms:
- Gather your supplies – THIS POST SHOWS HOW I PUT TOGETHER A BATHROOM CLEANING CADDY.
- Clear off your counters and sinks and get started.
- Start with the mirrors – spray your cloth (not the mirror) and wipe. I use MICROFIBER for lint and streak-free mirrors. Keep this cloth handy and reuse in each bathroom.
- Next, move on to your sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower (if you don’t use a tub or shower regularly, you don’t need to clean it weekly) and quickly spray with your disinfecting cleaner.
- Use your preferred toilet cleaner and brush (HERE’S MY METHOD FOR CLEANING A TOILET AND KEEPING THAT BRUSH CLEAN.) and do a quick clean of your toilet. Then REPEAT these steps in each bathroom. Once you’ve done that, go back to the first bathroom.
- Wipe the sink, wipe the toilet, and wipe the tub or shower – take care to use a separate cloth or paper towel for the each toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower to avoid cross-contamination. Don’t forget to get the base of your toilets too – I wipe these last.
- Place dirty cloths in a container and move on to wiping down the next bathroom and the next until you have wiped down each bathroom.
- Put out fresh, clean hand towels and that’s it!
Do your best, give it a whirl and if it takes longer than 15 minutes, I promise it gets quicker every week – how’s that for motivation?
Head to the FREE PRINTABLES page, enter your email address (you’ll only need to enter it ONE TIME for lifetime access), check your email for the password, and grab this printable. Happy QUICK bathroom cleaning!
If you like my free printables, you’ll LOVE my brand-new printable collection – find it here in the Clean Mama shop.