March 27, 2015
Gather Your Tools | The Best Tools for Spring Cleaning
If you’re ready to do some SPRING CLEANING, you’ll need to gather your tools. I find it most effective to gather from tools I have and then assess the situation and see if I need to get anything else. This ensures that I am ready to do a little bit of cleaning every day and stay on track to meet my goal of having the whole house spring-cleaned by the end of April in under 30 minutes a day. Grab a container, a basket, or a cleaning caddy and collect the tools you’ll need for spring cleaning. You can carry this from room to room with you or keep it in a mudroom or storage closet and just take out what’s needed each day.
The best tools for spring cleaning also happen to be some of my favorite cleaning tools. I am guessing you have a few of these already and if you don’t and you don’t have the budget for anything new, make do with what you have. Spring cleaning is mostly about dusting and vacuuming and cleaning those not-cleaned-very-often places in our homes. If you do end up purchasing new, you’ll have great all-purpose cleaning tools to use all year long.
Clean Mama’s Favorite Spring Cleaning Tools
- Spring Cleaning Checklist
- cleaning caddy/basket/bucket (the aqua basket is from Homegoods and the white caddy is from West Elm, but not available any longer)
- vacuum cleaner with attachments – I love the new Dyson Cinetic – it’s amazing!
- garbage bags
- window and glass cleaning tools – I use a cloth, a small cleaner, and a squeegee
- ceiling fan duster
- blind dusters – depending on how dirty they are I use a vacuum cleaner attachment, a glove, or a blind cleaning tool
- extendable reach duster
- microfiber cloths – I use a the Clean Mama Home microfiber cloths for everything.
- bar mop towels – I use these for so many things!
- sponges – I love these pop-up sponges and Magic Erasers
- scrub brushes – I like to keep a variety of styles on hand for any cleaning conundrum
- small duster
- lint roller
Can’t wait to get started? The Clean Mama Spring Cleaning Kit is in the shop! You can see all the products in my shop here.