November 5, 2012
Today I’m introducing you to an amazing ebook from Jamin and Ashley Mills of the blog The Handmade Home
. Their new ebook is called Handmade Walls: 22 Inspiring Ideas on Bringing Your Walls to Life
and I must say that is unlike any ebook I’ve ever read. The ideas jump off the page and every page of this over 250 page book is inspiring and beautiful. Beyond the pretty pages are practical and inexpensive ways to bring ‘your walls to life’. I especially love the project reference guide – it dares you to dig in and transform your home.
To see what Jamin and Ashley have to say about their book, keep reading…..
In the process of creating pieces for your home, a transformation occurs. In both you, and your lovely abode. You leave a personal impression…a mark if you will, on each project. With each piece, you lose a little fear. And gain a little bravery. Each creation is an extension of you. With every piece you create, you make your home yours. If your home is literally a piece of you… uniquely yours, how can you not help but love it?
Handmade Walls: 22 Inspiring Ideas on Bringing Your Walls to Life
• Have you ever struggled with your home? Struggled to make it feel more genuine… more like you? Have you ever felt inhibited from what you really wanted by ‘the rules’? What about your own fears? Have you ever been frustrated by the overpriced, overused selections in big box stores? Jamin and Ashley Mills of The Handmade Home have been there. They had a desire to explore options beyond the limited and expected. Handmade Walls is a simple, inspiring, and realistically approachable springboard for making your home your own. Everything you see in this book was created with the hope that you’ll learn to shake off those fears and love your sanctuary as you create it. Just for you.
• Handmade Walls contains 22 projects, at over 250 pages chock-full of inspiration, creations, and plans for making it happen in your own homes. It’s a realistic, user-friendly fun approach on creating beautiful handmade pieces for your spaces. It’s available for $9.95 in a simple easy-to-use PDF format with an accessible and affordable approach for all. Just click, download, and read. It’s that simple, and if you have any questions, they’ll be there to help you.
Breaking it down:
• More bang for your buck: The price for each project in this book averages at about 35 dollars. Compared to those big box store prices this definitely puts you ahead in the pocket book department. Each project can also be adjusted for your own individual needs.
• Divided into three main sections: Frames, Art, and Functional: Handmade Walls builds on your personal skill level and it has an easy breezy learning curve. This means there’s something for everyone in this book. So whether you’re a DIY novice, weekend warrior, or just someone who appreciates a fun read, it’s Jamin and Ashley’s deepest hope that you’ll enjoy something they’ve created just for you.
• Every plan in this book comes complete with step by step illustrations, photography, tips, and tricks. These are to help with those little known, frequently asked questions. Each one is even completed with a cut and supplies list, price bracket, difficulty level, and time required for each project. So you know exactly what you’re diving into before you even begin.
• Beyond the basics: Handmade Walls includes a project reference guide and supplies glossary where you’ll find ideas for finishing off those projects. From advice on their favorite tools, to paint colors and step-by-step techniques to help you out as you create. It’s a great go-to for making your own works of art in your home. And in turn, making it your own.
Beautiful homes aren’t purchased in one day. They aren’t bought ‘as a room’, and they aren’t thrown together overnight. They probably aren’t even held in a collective grandiose round of applause, given their one of a kind unique nature based on who put them together. Maybe, one of a kind homes are only appreciated by the creator and those who dwell there. Truly beautiful homes are created over time. They’re crafted carefully by an artist who loves to tweak a canvas. They are an honest, illuminating reflection of those who live there. We hope you feel inspired to create a home of your own, and leave your stamp.
This post contains affiliate links, all opinions are my own and I received an advance copy of Handmade Walls with the hopes that I would love it and promote it. I love it, it’s a wonderful book and I am happy to talk about it here on my blog.