November 11, 2016
Holiday Party Quick Cleaning Checklist
I am a compensated 3M-sponsored blogger, and as part of my responsibilities, I get the opportunity to evaluate 3M products. Opinions are my own and additional products used in the project were selected by me.
You invited people over for a little holiday party or get together and you need to get the house ready in a hurry. Follow these quick and easy steps and you’ll be opening that door and welcoming in your guests with cheer.
- Scotch-Brite 50% Stickier Lint Roller
- Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth
- Scotch-Brite Soap Scum Eraser
- Scotch-Brite Disposable Toilet Scrubber
- Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges
- Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge
- All-purpose cleaner
- Dish or castile soap
- Warm water
- Set a timer. Set a timer for 30 minutes if you need a little motivation to stay on task.
- Grab a laundry basket or bag to quickly stash clutter. Move quickly to pick up any items that need to be put away. Fill your basket with items that don’t belong out, put them away if you don’t have time and put your basket in a bedroom or closet – don’t forget to put everything away after the party.
- Put out fresh towels and fluff pillows. Replace any dirty towels in bathrooms and the kitchen with clean towels. Put out an extra hand towel or two that guests can use if needed. Fluff throw pillows in living areas and arrange throw blankets. This simple step gives your living areas a finished and inviting appearance and only takes a minute.
- Clean kitchen counters. Wipe down kitchen counters with your favorite counter cleaner or dish soap and cleaning cloth. The Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth does a great job scrubbing away any stuck on bits while wiping surfaces clean as well.
- Clean forgotten surfaces. Short on time? Wipe the fronts of appliances quickly with a Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth. Grab a Scotch-Brite Soap Scum Eraser to tackle hard water spots or soap scum on your faucet, sink or backsplash left behind from washing dishes. It gets the job done easily without any harmful chemicals!
- Wipe bathroom counters and clean the toilets. Spray toilets (let the cleaner sit while you wipe counters). Wipe toilets clean and use the Scotch-Brite Disposable Toilet Scrubber to quickly scrub toilets. I love that it easily scrubs the bowl without having to touch anything gross – a bathroom cleaning game-changer.
- Have a couple extra minutes? Grab your lint roller and roll over any extra surfaces that need a little lint removal. Entryway rugs, table runners, and lampshades are great places to add a little cleaning energy.
- Finish up. Turn down the thermostat, light a candle or two, dim the lights and get ready to welcome your guests!
Make sure you’re following Scotch-Brite on Instagram – I’m doing a takeover next week with lots of tips and tricks perfect for getting ready for the holidays.