Blog Categories +
How to Clean Baseball Pants and Keep them Looking Brand New
June 17, 2021
This post is not going to appeal to everyone BUT if you have kids that play sports, you know that you need a method for cleaning those uniforms. With two boys in baseball, I’ve found that the dirt on baseball pant stains are some of the worst and I have a solution and method for you. Feel free to apply this to other sports pants and dirty clothes – it’s simple and easy and it really works! Ready?
Here’s what you need:
- dirty baseball uniforms (I gather pants, shirts, and socks and launder those items together)
- Laundry Detergent Spray – this works on any and all laundry (not just stinky and dirty baseball uniforms). It works as a pre-treater AND a detergent making it perfect for dirty uniforms. All you need to do is spray 5 sprays ON THE CLOTHES and wash! It’s so simple!
- Oxygen Whitener – I use this on just about every load of kids’ clothes and all whites – it’s color-safe and a SAFE alternative to bleach. You can read about why I don’t use bleach here and what I use instead if you’re interested.
The Spray Laundry Bundle includes both of these items at a discount if you’re interested.
Once you have your supplies, you’re ready to clean those dirty uniforms. I pile up the pants on the washing machine and give the stains a spray of the Laundry Detergent Spray.
I put all the uniforms in the washing machine and add a scoop or two of Oxygen Whitener to whiten, brighten, and remove stains.
Then I program the washing machine:
- Warm Water – to help break down dirt
- High Spin
- Normal to Heavy Soil
- Speed Cycle – I’m usually in a hurry to get those uniforms cleaned in between games and tournaments
- Extra Rinse – to me, this makes a big difference in getting those uniforms clean and rinsing all that dirt and sand out of the pants
I let the washer go and Dry on Low/Medium.
Go from dirty and dingy to bright and clean! You’ll love this laundry method if you’re washing endless uniforms and are wondering how to get those stains out. Check out the difference in these gray baseball pants!