Blog Categories +
I have kept a bathroom cleaning caddy under the bathroom sink for years. I’ve talked about it here on the blog and written about it in my books. I feel like I have a really good system in place, so I thought it might be fun to share this idea again. I find that having a couple quick cleaning supplies at the ready for any little mess or for Mondays when I clean the bathrooms is a real time saver.
GRAB A CADDY
First things first, find a bucket or a caddy to use – make sure it has a handle on it for toting around the bathroom or if you want to bring it to another bathroom as you clean. Here are three of my favorites. The large bucket on the left is what I used in this post and it’s from my shop. I have other caddies linked in my Amazon shop under Organizing Favorites and Cleaning Products.
Think about what supplies you use most or every time you clean the bathroom and put them together in your caddy. I keep toilet cleaning supplies (like the toilet brush and Pumie – see this post) and shower cleaning supplies in separate containers under the sink. Here are my must-haves – a caddy, cleaning cloths, a good scrub brush, all-purpose spray, mirror spray, sink scrub, and castile soap.
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES
- Lemon + Lavender Disinfecting Spray (recipe below) or All-Purpose Spray
- Hydrogen Peroxide – I put a sprayer on the bottle and use it for disinfecting
- Castile Soap – squirt in the toilet and scrub or add to the sink scrub (below) for a little extra cleaning action
- Sink Scrub
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Oxygen Whitener – sprinkle in toilets to whiten
- Polishing Cloths – for mirrors
- Cleaning Caddy
- Glass Spray Bottles
Put your ingredients in your caddy and clean your bathrooms! Keep it handy and you can grab it anytime for quick cleaning.
How about a couple recipes for two great DIY cleaners you can put in your caddy?
Lemon + Lavender Disinfecting Spray
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka (excellent germ-killing properties – you can substitute rubbing alcohol, but it will have a more medicinal scent)
- 15 drops essential oils – lavender + lemon are great in this recipe
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle, spray thoroughly, let sit for 10 minutes and wipe clean.
Gather these ingredients, pour in your spray bottle, give it a little shake, and start wiping those mirrors and windows! Always spray ON your cleaning cloth, not on your mirrors.
Peppermint Glass + Mirror Cleaner
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
What do you do to make your bathroom cleaning a little easier?
Are you following me on Instagram? I post my weekly cleaning routine – come follow along!
Not into making your own cleaning products? Try my new Lemon + Clove All-Purpose Spray – it smells fantastic and works even better!