Blog Categories +
How to Set Up an Undated Planner for the New Year
January 1, 2023
Happy New Year and 2023! It’s that time of the year – fresh calendars, notebooks, and goals galore. It’s the fresh start you’ve been waiting for but if you’ve been here before and start strong only to lose that momentum before the end of January, you’re going to love this post. Everyone loses momentum from time to time. An undated planner is a great way to ensure that this investment will be used all year long.
Something to think about: When you rely on motivation to complete your homekeeping, you’re only going to be productive when you are motivated. Instead, rely on consistency! Doing a little bit every day is the key to a clean home.
The Homekeeping Planner is and has always been undated – grab one now and start the new year off fresh and with a new approach to planning. All planners and paper goods are on sale and marked down PLUS use the code 2023 through today (January 1st), to get an additional 15% off!
I love an undated planner – here’s why:
- You can start anytime.
- No wasted pages or unused planners.
- Feel accomplished, not defeated.
Here’s how I set up my undated Homekeeping Planner up for a new year – but you can start any month:
- Choose the pens/pencils you’re going to use – I like having a specific pen/pencil that I use throughout the planner for uniformity. You can go to this post for some of my favorites.
- Set up the tabs for the months you’re going to start – since it’s January, I’m going to start with January. If you start in March, start with March OR you can also label it as you go. Lots of options!
- Label the months and add dates. I write in each month and then I label weeks for the month in front of me, or as needed. This is a personal preference – you could sit down and do the whole year, you could go quarterly, or month by month. The Homekeeping Planner has 2023 and 2024 year at a glance calendars at the front of the planner – I use that to refer to months as I’m filling in the months.
- Jot down important dates and goals. Putting dates and goals to paper makes them easier to remember and also impacts the effort we put forth.
- Just start! Do your best and approach every day as a fresh start!
Embrace the flexibility and freedom that comes with an undated planner, I think you’ll love using one! The Homekeeping Planner is pre-filled with the Clean Mama Routine so you can rest easy knowing that those tasks are there and ready for checking off. Here’s to the new year and a fresh approach to home!
I’m a big believer in the power of writing things down and the impact of using undated planning products – come see my Homekeeping Planners, Calendars, and Paper Products here.
The week between Christmas and New Year’s is a busy one around Clean Mama – don’t miss anything!
Join Me for the Free Declutter Quick Start! If you’re feeling like you need to do a little (or a big) declutter, join us on January 2nd-6th for the Clutter Quick Start!
What’s the Clutter Quick Start? It’s a FREE 5 day challenge that’ll be on the blog and on Instagram next week. Each day we’ll be working together on 5 clutter areas and clearing the clutter together.
Grab the FREE checklist and get ready to join us next week! Want to head straight to the free printables page? Head here!
The New Year’s Sale is ON! If you’ve been looking at the Homekeeping Planner or the Quarterly Daily Planner, they’re marked down to $44.99 from $58 PLUS you can get 15% off – grab it now! Stock up with automatic free shipping on your order of $125+!
- Take 15% off all orders with the coupon code 2023
- All US orders $125+ automatically ship free!
Don’t miss the sale on the Whole Home Reset Course – New Year’s Declutter Edition, it’s perfect for this time of year!