Blog Categories +
It’s the Little Things #13
September 14, 2018
Happy Friday! What a week – so busy! Here are a few little things I’m enjoying this week. I’m going to share some favorites from the week with you – it might be a quote, a print, what I’m reading, a favorite podcast, a playlist, a recipe, a helpful tip, a cleaning product, or something I added to our home. Basically if it’s something little that I feel is shareable or if it’s something I’d bring up to a friend over coffee or on the phone, I’m probably going to share it with you here. Here’s a link to all of the posts in this series.
Did you see the *new* planners? Go to this post to see what’s new!
This image kind of took my breath away – so refreshing and real. I love the mix of color and texture and I cannot wait for that sign to be available from The Lettered Cottage. If you don’t follow Layla Palmer (The Lettered Cottage) you should – she is so funny and her design skills are pretty amazing.
I gave up sugar in my coffee a year or so ago and I’ve been enjoying cinnamon in its place. Surprisingly cinnamon gives your tastebuds the illusion of something sweet and it tastes better than the stevia I was using. Try it! Just a teeny tiny sprinkle is all you need – it also has that fall feeling that I am loving right now.
I get my spices from The Spice House – here’s a link to the cinnamon I use.
I have a simple dinner idea for you that you can make the components of ahead of time and it tastes great as leftovers too. It’s family friendly too! We call it Barbecue Bacon Chicken.
- Season (garlic salt + pepper) and grill chicken breasts – I do 8 so we have leftovers.
- Bake or cook bacon (I cook on a large pan at 425 degrees until crispy).
- Dip fully cooked chicken breasts in barbecue sauce – I used the barbecue sauce recipe from the 100 Days of Real Food cookbook.
- Put a strip of bacon on the cooked chicken breast and place a piece of colby jack cheese on top of the bacon and chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a salad and/or fruit for a great family friendly meal.
What have you been enjoying this week? Any little things to share?
There are affiliate links in this post. See my full disclosure policy here.