September 21, 2010
Meal Planning – Calendar
This month we’ve been inching our way through meal planning and today we’re going combine our themes with other important things to consider:
- plan leftovers – that way you’ll have them, you’ll save time in the kitchen, and it’s a money saver
- take schedule into consideration – Wednesday night is church night, so we keep meals simple and quick
- what’s in the freezer – some weeks I pull a meal from the freezer one night and the next night is leftovers of that meal – talk about a vacation! Prep ahead, prep ahead, prep ahead! Having a couple steps already taken care of is a huge timesaver.
- what’s on sale/coupons – if there’s a sale on chicken, I will probably try to work that into the meal plan for the week
- the #1 goal is that there’s food on the table and we eat together – it doesn’t have to be perfect – grilled cheese and a can of soup works
Ready? Go and snag this printable calendar (it’s for the next 6 weeks).
Then,look at your family favorites printable:
Start with the week of September 26th-October 2nd. Keep this week easy peasy – plan 2 winner dinners (with leftovers), and a 30 minute meal with leftovers and maybe something new. Follow your themes and fill in the first week. If you are feeling like a show-off, you could work your way through the entire six week period. Next up? Making shopping easier with meal planning. In the comments, I’d love to hear what your first meal is going to be for September 26th?
I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your helpful tips and ideas. I just made my own recipe binder!! You are really helping me to become more organized. I love Meal planning month and I read every new post. I don’t know what we will have next week, but last night I made 5-minute chicken casserole. Stove top stuffing, then chicken, then swiss cheese, then cream of chicken soup! It was soooo easy and delicious!! Thanks for working so hard to help others!
Clean Mama Says
Thanks Caitlin! It’s my pleasure 🙂
That One Girl Says
I NEED to make a recipe binder. I don’t know why I haven’t, I already have all the stuff! *sigh* Alas, I’m still arguing with the husband on meal planning! He says it’s a waste of time/money/effort I say it will help save us money! Grr!
I am trying to hard to do this so thank you so much for all of your help. This is super great!
I am soooo doing this, thanks for the wonderful idea!!
Amy Bowman Says
You were most clicked on link at last weeks AP Tuesday, I will be featuring you tomorrow. LOVED this post.
I am so touched that you are willing to guest post on my up coming “sick” weeks. I am so honored! It means the world..