February 25, 2019
Monday is Bathrooms Day – Healthy Home Cleaning Routine Week
Welcome to Healthy Home Cleaning Routine Week! Happy Monday – that means that it’s Bathrooms Day! I’ll be on Instagram quite a bit this week in Stories and going live – make sure you’re following over there.
Concentrate on what you can today – even if you have 10-15 minutes, do something!
While you’re thinking about the cleaning routine this week, I’m going to suggest some little changes you can make to easily add in to your routine that will help your create a healthy home! If you haven’t pre-ordered your copy of Clean Mama’s Guide to a Healthy Home, grab it now and get all the pre-order goodies that go with it. Go here to check it out.
Healthy Home Week – Bathrooms: Take a peek at what you’re cleaning your bathrooms with – look at the back of your products. If you see warnings like: use in a ventilated room, or do not use around children or if you are pregnant, think about that for a minute. If it’s harmful for children do you really want to use it? How can it be safe for you if it’s not safe for them? In my new book, I go into explicit detail about what is safe and what isn’t and I can tell you that there are probably things in your bathroom that you want to get rid of pronto. This week, try cleaning your toilet, toilet brush (and other areas that need disinfection) with hydrogen peroxide and using my All-Purpose Disinfecting Cleaner on your other bathroom surfaces. I know you’ll find that they are just as effective and you can rest easy knowing that your cleaning is actually doing good, not harm.
Why do I clean bathrooms on Mondays? After the weekend the bathrooms need a good cleaning, I’m not a fan of cleaning bathrooms so I get it out of the way right away, and it sets the tone for the week!
If you are new to Clean Mama you might not be familiar with my Bathroom Speed Cleaning Routine – go here to see a step-by-step post.
It doesn’t matter if you have 1 bathroom or 6, this method is the easiest and quickest way to get them all clean in a hurry. Even better? This isn’t fake cleaning or touching up – it’s complete and thorough cleaning.
What’s the trick? You’ll notice that I am not sweeping, vacuuming, or washing the floors. This is part of the time-saving magic of this approach. I vacuum all the floors on Wednesdays and wash all the floors on Thursday, so there’s no need to vacuum or wash them on Mondays. If this is your first time trying this routine and you want to have all your bathrooms cleaned at once, feel free to clean the floors but it will take longer than 10-15 minutes. Another key component to a quick and easy bathroom cleaning session is that I do a quick counter check every day as part of my cleaning routine and that keeps the cleaning time down on Mondays as well.
- Gather your supplies – this post shares my favorites.
- Clear off your counters and sinks and get started.
- Start with the mirrors – spray and wipe clean. I use a glass and mirror microfiber for lint and streak-free mirrors. Keep this cloth handy and reuse in each bathroom.
- Next, move on to your sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower (if you don’t use a tub or shower regularly, you don’t need to clean it weekly) and quickly spray with your disinfecting cleaner.
- Use your preferred toilet cleaner and brush (here’s my new and updated method) and do a quick clean of your toilet. Then REPEAT these steps in each bathroom. Once you’ve done that, go back to the first bathroom.
- Wipe the sink, wipe the toilet, and wipe the tub or shower – take care to use a separate cloth or paper towel for the each toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower to avoid cross-contamination. Don’t forget to get the base of your toilets too – I wipe these last.
- Place dirty cloths in a container and move on to wiping down the next bathroom and the next until you have wiped down each bathroom.
- Put out fresh, clean hand towels and that’s it!
Want more bathroom cleaning information? Head to this post.
Comment on Instagram when you complete the post and feel free to share your post and tag me too! #cleanmama #cleanmamascleaningroutine
I’m linking up the days as we go this week – click below on any day to catch up!
Sunday – just the DAILY TASKS (these five tasks might change your life)
Monday – BATHROOMS + daily tasks
Tuesday – DUSTING + daily tasks
Wednesday – VACUUMING + daily tasks
Thursday – FLOOR WASHING + daily tasks
Friday – CATCH-ALL DAY + daily tasks
Saturday – SHEETS + TOWELS + daily tasks