June 2, 2021
Must Haves for Evening Routines
I just kicked off a new series – Simple Shortcuts. You can see all the posts in the series here. Make sure you head over to Instagram to add your favorite tips in the Stories question box. While we’re in the mode of Evening Routines, I thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of my must haves for my evening routine too.
These are my evening routine must have products – they actually make evenings a little easier and more enjoyable. You can see all of my Amazon favorites here and Evening Routine favorites under the Morning + Evening Routine category.
- SCRUB – My Nightly Sink Scrub Routine is an easy edition to any evening routine that helps to keep the kitchen clean with a simple addition to the evening clean up.
- SCRUBBING SPONGES – Wiping down counters and washing dishes made easy! Sponges are multi-purpose and great for quick clean ups and deep cleaning.
- CLEANING CLOTHS – These are my absolute favorites and in my opinion, the best ones out there and perfect for wiping down counters and the kitchen table at the end of the day.
- CANDLES – A little ambience by way of a candle or diffusing an essential oil blend.
- COFFEE/ TEA MUGS – I love a good coffee/tea mug and really enjoy using double walled glass mugs for that evening cup of tea.
- HOT TEA – I like this Teavana green tea blend for the evening – it does have a little caffeine, so I have my cup around 6:30 or 7pm. Of course, you can make a glass of water or anything else you’d like to drink part of your evening routine. I also do a nighttime vitamin as well.
- CHARGING STATION– We love our charging station – it holds iPhones, iPads, and charges quickly. We store it in my office – super convenient!
- ANALOG ALARM CLOCK – I love having an old fashioned alarm clock – we rarely need to set an alarm with two dogs that like to get up at the crack of dawn but it’s nice to have.
- READ – Even if it’s just a couple pages or a chapter, I enjoy reading a little bit before bed. Clean Mama’s Guide to a Peaceful Home is a great pick for a bedtime book 😉
I hope this list gives you some ideas as you get inspired for starting an evening routine – do you have any musts for a Evening Routine?
Tilly Lee Says
How about an evening routine with young kids? This all sounds very nice for singletons or retirees.
seems very nice however it’s not real, dinner, cleanup after dinner, homework, showers, then bed. Prayers, then the list of Work priorities for the next day, then set alarm based on priority, set alarm for 5 am tomorrow.
Clean Mama SaysPost author
This is our routine with 3 kids but every home is different – you’ll need to adjust for what works for YOU. These are just suggestions for getting started. Hope that helps!
Evening routines in my home have to start before dinner with a sink full of soapy hot water. After I’ve sat down to eat and enjoy dinner time with my family, I rarely want to get up and do a bunch of kitchen clean up! But with the soapy water waiting, it’s easier to clean the dishes while the family gets out a book or game to work on together. With a clean sink, the rest of the night and the next morning seems to roll much easier!