April 27, 2021
Must Haves for Meal Prep
I just kicked off a new series – Simple Shortcuts. Head to this post for all the details and for my favorite tips for Meal Prep. Make sure you head over to Instagram to add your favorite tips in the Stories question box. While we’re in the mode of Meal Prep, I thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of my must haves for meal prep today.
These are my most-used meal prep products – they actually make meal prep a little easier and more enjoyable. You can see all of my Amazon favorites here and my Meal Prep favorites under the Meal Prep category.
- Multipurpose Bowls – I have two of these and use them daily. They’re great for mixing up ingredients, salads, fruit, dough and they look great on the table as serve ware too.
- Stainless Steel Bench Scraper – love these for gathering up ingredients from a cutting board.
- Glass Measuring Cups – I use these for measuring liquids and other ingredients – I like having a few different sizes to make it easy to measure and pour.
- Meat/Potato Masher – Great for cooking up ground meat quickly and thoroughly.
- Instant Pot – I use my Instant Pot weekly for quick meals but I especially love it for meal prep!
- Stacking Mixing Bowls – These are cute but the handles make them especially convenient.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids – These are great for mixing/prepping and storing in the fridge.
- Measuring Cups – I love the way these feel, nice and heavy and they have lines on the inside for half measurements.
- Glass Divided Storage Containers – I store 99% of our meal prep components in glass – I love these divided containers and these glass containers as well.
- Reusable Silicone Containers – These gusseted bags are great for freezer food storage as well as these silicone ‘dishes’. Wash in the top rack for the dishwasher and reuse hundreds of times.
- Baking Dishes – I like having multiple of the same baking dishes for when I double recipes. If they both go in the freezer they stack well and if not, I can divide the ingredients evenly. I also have these covered baking dishes.
- Kitchen Shears – If you don’t have kitchen shears, this is the one thing you need to grab from this list. I use these daily to cut up food, shred meat, open food packages and more. They’re a kitchen must.
I hope this list gives you some ideas as you get inspired for doing a little meal prep – do you have any musts for Meal Prep?