June 9, 2014
Organize a Kitchen Drawer in 15 Minutes
This week’s organizing focus is a KITCHEN DRAWER. If you haven’t grabbed June’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar yet, you can go here to grab it.
Your challenge this week is to take 10-15 minutes to organize a kitchen drawer. Choose your worst drawer or a drawer that’s been bugging you. Getting one kitchen drawer organized will help your quest for a little more organization. If you feel really motivated, tackle one kitchen drawer every day this week.
The easiest way to start this process is to completely empty your drawer. I find that completely clearing and cleaning out any space is the best way to organize it once and for all. If you need some type of drawer organizer to keep your drawer a little neater, plan to purchase that this week as well.
- Completely empty the drawer.
- Spray with your favorite all-purpose cleaner and wipe area clean.
- Toss any items that are just taking up space and have no purpose or don’t get used.
- Re-locate items that no longer belong in this space.
- Follow the best rule of organizing – group like items together.
- Drawer dividers and organizers are your friends – determine the correct size for your drawer and the approximate number of compartments. If you have an organizer that you can re-purpose for this space, by all means you should do that!
- Label anything that needs to be labeled so items will be returned to their new home. It may be helpful to use a label maker to label the side or bottom of the compartments of any organizers or on the top of your organizer.
- Return your items to your kitchen drawer.
Have a great idea for organizing your kitchen drawers? Leave it in the comments!
Looking for more Organizing Inspiration?
Get Access to Clean Mama's Free To-Do List Printable
You'll also get access to the entire free printable library!