September 1, 2016
Simple Weeknight Meals to Make this Week
The start of the school year always has me feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to meal planning. After school activities, waiting in pickup line, and other errand running and odds and ends seem to creep closer and closer to dinnertime and leave me with less time to meal prep. On those days when I don’t have much time to plan and execute a complicated dinner, I love to have a handful of dinner options that require minimal brain power and time. Enter in the recipes I am sharing with you today.
These main course meal options are perfect for a busy evening and are family friendly. No crazy ingredients or fussy prep required. I like to pair them with a simple side like a steamed vegetable, salad, or fresh fruit. Try one this week and see what you think.
- Rotisserie chicken to the rescue with these baked tacos smothered with homemade crema. Baked Chicken Street Tacos via Kleinworth Co.
- These juicy and sweet meatballs are not only made in the slow cooker, but they make a big enough batch to freeze the leftovers or save for leftovers. Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs via Carlsbad Cravings
- 20 minutes is all it takes to whip up this delightfully satisfying fresh pasta dish. 20-Minute Tomato Pesto Pasta via Mel’s Kitchen
- The ultimate in comfort food, the grilled cheese sandwich gets a makeover with the addition of bacon, avocado and tomato. Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese via Tidy Mom
- All the flavors of a classic Italian sandwich in salad form. The homemade dressings kicks it up a notch and adds the perfect amount of zing with every bite. Italian Sub Salad via Wicked Spatula
- This satisfying and creamy soup is the ideal one pot meal made even easier in the slow cooker. Paired with your favorite crusty bread, dinner is served. Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup via Pinch of Yum
Don’t miss the Menu Planning Mini Challenge and make sure you download the FREE printables linked in the post!
Check out these free printables and menu planning posts to inspire your menu planning!
Free Printable – Make Ahead Meals
Free Printable – What’s for Dinner? Weekly Menu Planner
Free Printable – Family Favorites
And a handful of menu planning posts I think you’ll love – just click on the images….