August 23, 2014
A Simplified Week : Clothes
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab August’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it! (I’ll have September’ FREE calendar on the blog tomorrow!)
- Is the disorganization and chaos of clothing in your closets driving you bonkers? These five simple suggestions are perfect to get you started! Via Clean Mama
- Paring down your clothes to what you actually wear can free up some valuable closet space in a hurry. This post by Andrea Dekker gives you the suggestions and tools you need to purge your closet.
- Minimize your wardrobe to what you actually love and wear with these fantastic tips. Do you think you could limit your closet to 40 pieces or less? Via Living Well, Spending Less
Something to Eat:
- Stir fry meals are perfect for busy days with minimal time to spend in the kitchen. This Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir-Fry is tasty, quick to prepare and a one bowl dinner. Win-win! Via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Something for the Kids:
- Needing to keep kids of different age levels busy with the same activity? Check out this roundup of activities to keep different ages and stages content and occupied at the same time.Via Picklebums
Something to Make:
- Have the itch to sew something but not a lot of time on your hands? This huge collection of quick sew projects fit the bill when you want to create something without a ton of fuss and time. Via Crazy Little Projects
- Turn your stained, outgrown or underused t-shirts into cleaning rags in a snap with this tutorial from Creative Savings. Cut down on your paper towel usage and use what you already have.