October 18, 2014
A Simplified Week : Freezer
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab October’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Cleaning and organizing your freezer doesn’t need to be a daunting task when you follow this simple process from Clean Mama.
- Wondering just how long and if something can be frozen? This free printable from the FDA is perfect for printing and referencing for when you are not quite sure how long something is good for.
- These basic tips from The Kitchn are just what you may need if you are looking for a little freezer overhaul. I especially love some of the links that are included like choosing the right freezer containers and what not to freeze.
Something to Eat:
- It is officially apple season around here which means all sorts of apple goodness are popping up in our baking. These Apple Pie Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Syrup are next up on our breakfast rotation. It’s all the flavors of apple pie without all the work! Via Averie Cooks
Something to Make:
- With the holidays coming up and entertaining on the horizon, this tiered stand would be perfect with loading up with appetizers or little treats. All you need can easily be found at your local thrift store for a Pottery Barn-esque inspired piece. Via The Crafting Chicks
Something For the Kids:
- My daughter is quite the little crafter and is always looking for a new project. This tutorial on how to knit makes it so much easier to learn the basic steps and stitches. It even includes video directions so you can see it in motion. Via Imagination Soup
- Wanting to get on top of the cleaning in your home with the help of a cute (and free!) printable? This daily checklist is perfect for adding some direction to your cleaning routine. Via Clean Mama