August 29, 2014
A Simplified Week : Homework Station
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab September’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Streamline the homework routine and set everyone up for success with these tips on creating a homework station from Clean Mama
- I love this little homework station nook– it fosters all sorts of creativity and keeps everything at kiddo’s fingertips. The supply caddy is perfect for housing all the supplies kids could possible need. Via Mom 4 Real
- If you are short on storage space or are looking for something more portable, you need to peek at this tutorial on creating a homework crate. Paint it to match your space, stock it with supplies and move it from room to room with ease. Via Uncommon Designs Online
Something to Eat:
- This chicken and nectarine salad is simple enough in it’s ingredients- nectarines, blueberries, grilled chicken, almonds, baby spinach and homemade poppyseed dressing. The combo of these rather unexpected flavors is so good and so perfect for a busy night where you need to throw together dinner in a hurry. Via Pinch of Yum
Something to Make:
- Mason jars are all the rage right now and I am happy to be on that bandwagon. This simple 5 minute project is perfect for adding a touch of style to your bathroom while fulfilling a need as well. Put together this Mason Jar Toothbrush Holder with your favorite jar color. Via The Country Chic Cottage
Something to For the Kids:
- With the weather cooling down and school starting up, my mind is moving on towards all the fun fall decorations and activities there are out there for kids. I love these paper lantern pumpkins– wouldn’t they be cute as a garland decoration for the kids to make this fall? Via Your Homebased Mom
- Company coming unexpectedly and your home is a disaster zone? Try some of these Speed Cleaning Tricks from Buzzfeed for some ideas to get clean in a hurry.
Just in time for the weekend…a little shop coupon code – use the code 20LABORDAY for 20% off your entire order! Sale ends 9/1//14 at midnight CST!
Angie @ CCC Says
Thanks for the feature!
Jessica @ Mom 4 Real Says
Thank you so much for sharing my Homework Station, Becky! Hugs!
Andrew Glass Says
Ok, I’m loving the principle of this little project because I can see how it will help on a larger scale. Now if I can just get my wife to put her things back in here, jk. I’m sure our 1st grader will love it.
Thanks for this and by the way, I really like the look of your website. The color palate is soothing and still refreshing.