October 3, 2014
A Simplified Week : Memorabilia
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab October’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- It’s easy to get overwhelmed when it comes to sorting through memorabilia. This post helps you break it down into simple steps while keeping your sanity. Via Clean Mama
- Check out these great suggestions for sorting, displaying and storing paper memorabilia from Lisa Moorefield. I love the framed children’s book art for those special childhood books.
- It is difficult to know just how to begin sorting through painful memorabilia that represent a loss or a painful point in life. This post helps by giving ideas on how to sort through, keep and let go some of those tender items you may be holding on to. Via Useful Beautiful Home on I’m an Organizing Junkie
Something to Eat:
- We love smoothies in our home both for the health benefits and the time saver that they are. If your smoothies are lacking in flavor and texture, you need to try these power packed recipes instead. Tastes like your favorite $5 store bought one! Via Thriving Home
Something to Make:
- Make a pot of this delightfully scented natural air freshener and let it simmer away on your stove for instant fall. Via Express-O
Something For the Kids:
- I am a big fan of having art and craft projects accessible to my kids and especially appreciate when they require on-hand, simple materials. These little bookworm bookmarks are the cutest and fit the bill. So many creative possibilities! Via Sweet Little Peanut
- Simplify your dinner prep routine by prepping ahead carrots, onions and celery. Perfect for pulling out and tossing it in to your favorite soups, casseroles and pot pies this comfort food season. Via Dessert Now Dinner Later
Are you following me on Instagram? I’m instagramming my cleaning routine – it’s a great gentle reminder every morning! And of course I have lots of helpful and simple homekeeping tips!