September 26, 2014
A Simplified Week : Pictures
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab October’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Do you have stacks of paper pictures or hundreds of unsorted pictures on your computer or phone to organize? Check out these three ways to organize your photographs from Clean Mama to actually put those pictures to use and organize them while you’re at it.
- If you have files upon files of unorganized pictures on your computer that are just begging to have some order, take a look at this fantastic method of organizing your digital photographs. It is a super thorough tutorial to make it easy to organize and find just what you are looking for. Via Beauty and Bedlam
- Antique and vintage family photographs need special care, handling and storage to assure that they will last. Keep your precious family pictures from years gone by in pristine condition with these suggestions and sources from How Stuff Works
Something to Eat:
- Nothing says fall to me like a good Pumpkin Spice Latte. This recipe for Maple Pumpkin Latte Syrup is perfect for making your own morning (or afternoon!) treat. I especially like that it makes a big batch so that all you have to do is mix it in when the mood strikes. Via The Faux Martha
Something to Make:
- This is such a great idea for a housewarming gift! Make up a basket or container of fun cleaning supplies and tools for the new homeowners. Wouldn’t it be fun to include homemade cleaners for a personal and inexpensive touch? Via 30 Handmade Days
Something For the Kids:
- I love these adorable little fruit cup jack o’ lanterns from Simple Thrifty. With all the sugar and sweet halloween treats, this healthy treat would be so fun to do together and fill with your favorite fruit.
- I get asked all the time about how to remove stubborn toilet rings. This is the tool that I use to get rid of the rings that cleaners can’t touch. For under three bucks, it’s perfect and effective. Via Jordan’s Onio
Around the Web:
- I’m so excited to have my book, The Organically Clean Home included in this list of books to buy for a better home on BrightNest!