September 6, 2014
A Simplified Week : Refrigerator
As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab September’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Clean your refrigerator lickety split with a little elbow grease and a super simple cleaning solution from Clean Mama.
- Finding the right system for organizing your fridge makes a world of difference. This post from Four Generations One Roof has all sorts of sources and ideas for organizing everything from juice boxes to snacks.
- It’s one thing to clean your fridge and a whole other thing to keep it that way. Check out these tips from 36th Avenue on how to keep it clean and organized after all your hard work.
Something to Eat:
- Quick breads are perfect for making, freezing and sharing not to mention a quick breakfast, lunch or snack. This roundup from Lil Luna has 50 different recipes and links to pick your own family favorites.
Something to Make:
- I love the look of customized rustic wooden signs for decorating. This tutorial gives detailed directions for making your own from the DIY Network. I’m already thinking about making my own Christmas sign for the front porch after seeing how cute these turn out.
Something For the Kids:
- Looking for a unique and artistic way to actually display all the beautiful leaves your kiddos collect? This leaf mandala is durable and easy to reposition, not to mention attractive. Via Artful Parent
- Getting sick is never convenient or fun. Plan for the inevitable by putting together a sick kit rather than running to your closest 24 hour store for the necessities. Via Clean Mama
Around the Web:
- I’m over at A Bowl Full of Lemons this week with some tips for getting the most out of your vacuum cleaner. Go here to see how to use those attachments!