Blog Categories +
How to Speed Clean Your Bathrooms
June 5, 2017
Is there anyone that actually enjoys cleaning bathrooms? I clean them on Mondays to get them out of the way and clean for the new week. It’s my ‘eat the frog first’ task. If you follow along with my cleaning routine, on Mondays you clean bathrooms right along with me in your home. I also post daily reminders on Instagram and Facebook. This isn’t the first time I’ve shared my bathroom speed cleaning method but for those of you that may be new or haven’t tried it yet (what are you waiting for? ;)) here’s an updated post of my routine.
It doesn’t matter if you have 1 bathroom or 6, this method is the easiest and quickest way to get them all clean in a hurry. Even better? This isn’t fake cleaning or touching up – it’s complete and thorough cleaning.
What’s the trick? You’ll notice that I am not sweeping, vacuuming, or washing the floors. This is part of the time-saving magic of this approach. I vacuum all the floors on Wednesdays and wash all the floors on Thursday, so there’s no need to vacuum or wash them on Mondays. If this is your first time trying this routine and you want to have all your bathrooms cleaned at once, feel free to clean the floors but it will take longer than 10-15 minutes. Another key component to a quick and easy bathroom cleaning session is that I do a quick counter check every day as part of my cleaning routine and that keeps the cleaning time down on Mondays as well.
Gather your supplies and tools – this is what you’ll need :
- bucket or caddy to carry supplies from bathroom to bathroom
- microfiber cloths (alternatively you can use paper towels or cleaning wipes, I prefer microfiber) – 1 for all the mirrors, one for each toilet, one for each sink, and a couple extras for tubs and showers
- glass and mirror cleaner – you can find my recipe here or purchase the glass spray bottle and label pictured here
- all -purpose disinfecting/bathroom cleaner – you can find my recipe here or purchase the glass spray bottle and label pictured here
- scrubbing powder or soft cleaning paste – I use my nightly sink scrub – I use my spray cleaner or castile soap and scrub what needs to be scrubbed
- toilet cleaner and brush – here’s my method
- empty container for dirty cloths or paper towels
Clear off your counters and sinks and get started.
Start with the mirrors – spray and wipe clean. I use a glass and mirror microfiber for lint and streak-free mirrors. Keep this cloth handy and reuse in each bathroom.
Next, move on to your sink, toilet, and bathtub or shower (if you don’t use a tub or shower regularly, you don’t need to clean it weekly) and quickly spray with your disinfecting cleaner.
I use non-toxic disinfecting cleaners – they work just as well and aren’t harmful to you or your family. You can see my favorite cleaners here too.
Use your preferred toilet cleaner and brush (here’s my new and updated method) and do a quick clean of your toilet. Then REPEAT these steps in each bathroom. Once you’ve done that, go back to the first bathroom:
Wipe the sink, wipe the toilet, and wipe the tub or shower – take care to use a separate cloth or paper towel for the each toilet, sink, and bathtub/shower to avoid cross-contamination. Don’t forget to get the base of your toilets too – I wipe these last.
Place dirty cloths in a container and move on to wiping down the next bathroom and the next until you have wiped down each bathroom.
Put out fresh, clean towels and that’s it!
What do you think? Are you up for a little bathroom speed cleaning?
Looking for the BEST microfiber cloths? You’ll LOVE Clean Mama Home microfiber!