March 27, 2017
Spring Cleaning Essentials Supply List
It’s my favorite time of the year – spring cleaning season! Want to do a little (or a lot of) spring cleaning too? Every year I do a some type of organized spring cleaning here on the blog and in our home and this year is no different. I’ll be introducing the challenge (it’s completely new and different than anything I’ve done with you guys) later this week with a free printable guide, but in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to gather supplies and essentials. Maybe it’s just me, but gearing up for a cleaning endeavor is definitely more fun than the cleaning itself. By gathering supplies it ensures that we’re ready to do a little bit of cleaning every day or for a few days in a row and stay on track with spring cleaning. Want to give it a whirl too? Here’s what you need to get started.
Here’s what you need to do:
Grab a container, a basket, or a caddy and collect the tools you’ll need for spring cleaning. You can carry this from room to room with you or keep it in a mudroom or storage closet and just take out what’s needed each day. You’ll see my very own products pictured (Clean Mama Home) and not only do I love using them (because cute cleaning definitely makes cleaning more fun), but they work better than anything I’ve used before! Yay 🙂
I’m keeping the cleaning supply list SIMPLE this year, less is more and when you have multi-purpose products, it’s just plain easier to get your spring cleaning done. I’m guessing that you have quite a few of these products, just gather them in one place.
Spring Cleaning Tools:
- cleaning caddy – to tote and carry your tools and supplies
- microfiber cleaning cloths – they make cleaning so much easier – no lint, no streaks, just the best clean
- bar mops towels or cotton cleaning cloths – great for cleaning tasks that you don’t want to use microfiber for – I use them in the kitchen and for washing baseboards and doors.
- wand duster – if you don’t have one, you’ll find that they make dusting so much easier and quicker
- vacuum cleaner with attachments – look for one with a hepa filter
- mop – you’ll need something to wash your floors
- carpet cleaner – I love having one one hand for rooms at a time and for spring cleaning. You can also hire this job out and make things even easier on yourself
- blind cleaner – if you have blinds, this makes cleaning them a snap
- scrub brushes – large and small (or an old toothbrush) – be ready to clean the dirt and grime
- window squeegee – if you want to clean your own windows, a squeegee is your ticket to a quick and easy job
- lint roller – for cleaning light fixtures, furniture, and anywhere you see dust and lint that might need a gentler touch
- garbage bags – for decluttering while you’re spring cleaning
Spring Cleaning Products – use your favorites or DIY them:
- dish or castile soap – it’s amazing what you can clean with warm water and a squirt of soap
- hydrogen peroxide – for disinfecting – simply attach a sprayer
- all-purpose cleaning spray
- window + glass spray
- soft scrub and/or baking soda
A couple favorite recipes for spring cleaning – just click on the image to go to the post:
Want to up the cute factor in your cleaning? Check out my shop and product line, Clean Mama HOME! Use the coupon code SPRINGCLEANING for 15% off!